Front Toss Batting Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Right, as long as its accurate, who cares how it got there. I was just laughing at the irony of the underhand soft toss to the BB player after the recent concerns here on DFP about whether throwing soft toss overhand to SB players would mess up their swing.

C'mon Yankee fans, be usefull for once and ID the MLB'r!

That MLB player is Robinson Cano.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
I think some of the diffence we are having in this argument is this is batting practice not a hitting lesson. There is a big difference in the two. Most young kids are not ready for batting practice, because they have many issues that need to be fixed first. What softballphreak posted is correct, higher level players are working on batting practice with no hitting coach present. Plus watching that video is kind of funny, perhaps we sould talk about his swing! Since Jim is a MLB hitting coach, it will be interesting hearing his comments on underhand throws.

I'm scratching my head on this one. Why? Because this is so common that I can't understand why anyone would question that it happens.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
At the cages where some higher level baseball and softball players hit you will see underhand a lot. Many times the tosser will be sitting on a folding chair, 15 feet or so away.

Softballphreak ... I see this so frequently that I consider it pretty much routine ... to the point that I'm at a loss as to why anyone would even imply that people don't train this way. Mike Candrea considers head-on soft-toss to be one of his top drills ... and as you can see, it is even used at the MLB level.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Head-On Soft-Toss Example ....

208ion9.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbcoach26