Front Toss Batting Practice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
A lot of times a hitter does not feel/do what we see, slow motion video can and does show hitters exactly what they are doing and so does swings in front of a mirror although not as detailed as a video. I would think no one would be against hitters watch and studying video of great hitters. For me it is not a mean to an end.
'
Transferring what we see in a video, into what we need to do at the plate is a different issue. Different athletic abilities, body types and strength has a lot to do with it. I don’t know any hitting coaches in our area that shows video of great hitters to students to teach hitting. Some do show that hitter videos of themselves to teach hitters to correct mechanics.

My daughters pitching coach uses video of great pitchers, not for the mechanics, but to show how a certain pitch should break, then he teaches her the mechanics to get that break.

JMO. :cool:

These are a couple of videos I believe help a coach communicate what the coach wants the player to do. I always tell the kids to try to do it like I tell them but that it is more important that they feel it for themselves even if it doesn't look exactly like I say do it.

John Mallee's 6 Absolutes of a Professional Hitter - YouTube

John Mallee 6 Steps of a Major League Swing Hitting Tips - YouTube

They are simple and uncluttered. A great starting point IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414