FRIDAY CHECK IN - Where are you going?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 6, 2012
Texas
IFA/VTD MONEYBALL QUALIFIER Blue Diamond 2nd Annual Jazz'in It Up in Round Rock, TX. 2 Pool games starting Saturday then double elimination brackets. Going in as the number one seed in this tournament not something we are use to time to find out if the girls can handle being the top dog with a huge target on their backs.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
DD1 is in a local NSA tourney.

Nothing special EXCEPT tomorrow kicks off 10 days of overflowing softball...

DD1 is playing in at least 14 games in that time frame...potentially as many as 18 depending on how deep they go + 2 rain outs they are trying to re-schedule

DD2 has 2 games and 2 practices (my 12U team)

DD3 has 2 games (my 8U rec team)

We got home from practice last night and my 7 year old looks at the color coded game calendar and says "that's a lot of softball" ...the kids were laughing so hard I couldn't stop laughing myself...should be lots of fun! I'm sure this will be 10 days we will never forget!

CP

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Taking the walking wounded and some guest players to a tourney an annoying distance away... 5am wake up time...

Been an injured filled season. This week we had a full 5 girls able to practice while the rest of the team watched from the dugout nursing their various injuries.

Jan 26, 2015
NE Kansas
Practice tonight, then headed to KC for NSC Recruiting tournament this weekend. DD's team is also short players due to injuries. Coach pulling girls up from the 14u team to fill in. Supposed to rain all weekend. Looking for a boat to borrow to get there.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
10yo DD is on a little break from TB, and DW is out of town visiting friends for the weekend, so I'm taking the little F'ers on an overnight trip to San Diego. We will stop by to see our former rec league all-star teams play a couple of games, and then head to watch our Dodgers beat the snot out of the Padres.

Jan 22, 2011
No games for us this weekend. Going to watch our 8u All-Stars play tonight and tomorrow morning. Buddy is going to do a 90 minute catcher's clinic for our two 10u and one of our 12u All-Star teams Sunday afternoon, followed by our 10u-B practice.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
Week 7 of 8 tournament weekends in a row. Finally took some hardware home last weekend. This weekend we were planning to play at our home park not more than 3 min down the road. I was so excited. Then we find out that so many teams signed up they moved us to the next town.:mad: Oh well, it's still a close local tournament so I can't complain. Here's hoping for 30+ hours at a ballpark again this weekend and more hardware. Girls are starting to gel and play very good together. Still finding this new chicken salad to be the best cooler food.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207