Personal brag … (ump related)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
I haven’t said anything because I don’t want to jinx it, but I had a phone call today …

This Friday, the local college wooden bat league team (Springfield Lucky Horseshoes) is hosting their second annual “Battle of the Sexes” softball game to honor the Springfield Sallies. https://www.aagpbl.org/teams/springfield-sallies

Chances are I will be on the plate and my view is going to look like this:

8315bb93-d457-497e-9e37-535ad23aa7e3-_MGL9630.jpg

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Really, though that's awesome, I'm jealous. I'd have to pull my phone out, record each pitch, and review in slo-mo to make the call with Monica throwing heat.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I haven’t said anything because I don’t want to jinx it, but I had a phone call today …

This Friday, the local college wooden bat league team (Springfield Lucky Horseshoes) is hosting their second annual “Battle of the Sexes” softball game to honor the Springfield Sallies. https://www.aagpbl.org/teams/springfield-sallies

Man she looks almost freakish from this view! Good luck, hope you get her, we’d love to hear what you think after calling some of her innings!

May 13, 2023

Super neat thanks for sharing. Look forward to your commentary on the experience!

May 29, 2015
I was U3 for the night and it was fun! The game didn't have much going on, but the players had a great time and we honored some of the original players from the All American Girls Baseball League who were on hand. It was awesome getting to see such a mix of legends, former area players, and even a few of my current students who got to play.

The men's team's third base coach asked me in the bottom of the first, "Do we stand a chance?" I laughed and said, "Not early in the game."

We watched Monica Abbott face six batter and strike out six batters efficiently. I think the guys fouled two balls off in the first two innings. The next pitcher I believe is a local college pitcher and she struck out the side in the third inning. In the fourth inning, they put in a girl going into her junior year in high school and she struck out two of three. After that, the guys started to catch on and make some contact. It was very funny watching their reactions, especially early on.

I believe the final was 5-4. Look for the Springfield Lucky Horseshoes on social platforms for coverage from the game!

I can tell my body and mind are ready for the season to start winding down ... but this has been one of the most fun summers I have had in a long time. Got to travel to some new cities and states (I crossed the 10% mark; I have now umpired in six states), got to meet MLB All-Star and World Series MVP Gary Gaetti who was coaching a team in several of my games, got to meet two time Olympian and softball legend Monica Abbott ... and had lots of fun with lots of players, coaches, and fellow umpires along the way! Why would somebody NOT want to do this!?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles