Freshman Year

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Just found out my DD has the highest GPA (4.5) of her freshman class! She's always been a great student, but I was worried about dealing with school and the grind of high school softball. She has played in 35 of 37 games and started 29 at catcher and DH. It has been a busy spring and her team is headed to regions next week.

I think I'm ready for the slower pace of summer; Showcase Tourneys and trying to qualify for Nationals. :)

Feb 26, 2016
Murfreesboro, TN
I think I'm ready for the slower pace of summer; Showcase Tourneys and trying to qualify for Nationals. :)

She is Smarticle :)

Good luck in the Regionals. We got put out in the district, although DD hit a 3-run HR in our loss to Oakland. She made 7AAA All District too. (plus a 3.6 GPA) Yayy !!

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
She is Smarticle :)

Good luck in the Regionals. We got put out in the district, although DD hit a 3-run HR in our loss to Oakland. She made 7AAA All District too. (plus a 3.6 GPA) Yayy !!

Congrats on DD making all district! That's a tough district too. Saw where Oakland got put out by Stewart's Creek. We finished second to Gibbs.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I was an average student. Probably could have been more but was to into distractions. Might of kept me from being good at sports too. DW is smart. DD1 was pretty smart and DD2 is very smart. When I see the extra opportunities available to the smart kids I'm like Whoa! This is some magic key that unlocks tons of opportunity. Be happy and grateful but I will tell you it becomes as stressful to a parent as your kids BA or ERA. Balancing taking enough hard classes to amount to something but not so many that sports and any other life bring your grades down.

I keep telling DD, don't drop the ball now, you are to close to the goal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes