DD #2 gets some love

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
So high school ball here in Central Maine, Class C is not overly strong.......we are blessed with a fair amount of current/past travel players (8 of our 9 starters have played, 2 up through 14u, the others still play)......most other teams have 1 or 2

but headed into this year, my former travel catcher, who was first team all conference as a frosh, decided to go run track, leaving DD #2, a freshman, as the only experienced catcher on the roster

local paper gave us some love yesterday......they were wrong, we've actually outscored our first 4 opponents 59-5, but close enough ;)

this is DD#2's love: "
One of Hall-Dale’s most impressive players, at and behind the plate, so far this season is freshman catcher Zoe Soule.

“She’s gotten out of the gate in the first four games pretty impressive,” Acedo said. “She’s throwing runners out, she’s picked two off at first base, so she’s pretty heads up behind the plate. I think her batting average right now is close to .700, her on-base percentage is close to (.800).”

DD#1 is the top of the order player that's only batting .375 so far......she hit .512 as a freshman.......we've been putting in some work, she'll come around......after a winter of 18u practice and scrimmages, she's had a hard time dialing it down to some slower pitching, and that produced a few swing flaws.......I feel a breakout day coming today ;)

May 20, 2015
here's the at bat.....she came in 0-2 vs this pitcher, strode into the box with confidence....said she KNEW she was taking her to a gap.......and she did

May 20, 2015
1st pitch to next batter goes to the backstop......tying run sneaks in, zoe to 3rd.......followed by a bunt with no play, bunter to 2nd.....intentionally walked DD #1 to load them, then this:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi