Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Since you follow elements of the HLP can you share the difference ?

You are the one that brought it up. Can you explain what you mean by "stuck"? You will notice I have not posted anything regarding "free hands" because there are aspects of that philosophy that I agree with.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You are the one that brought it up. Can you explain what you mean by "stuck"? You will notice I have not posted anything regarding "free hands" because there are aspects of that philosophy that I agree with.

Stuck as in not free to find a pivot based on what the pitch calls for.

33qKjFe.gif

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
In keeping with the thread however, does Bo have 'free hands'? This question is for anyone. seems like he is pretty locked in both swings halfway to toe touch/heel plant.

He looks to be keeping the hands back while moving forward in that clip.. This clip looks like they are free to adjust. It maybe a 2 strike thing as well vs locked into a zone he's trying to cover.

E1oMOqy.gif

May 12, 2016
In keeping with the thread however, does Bo have 'free hands'? This question is for anyone. seems like he is pretty locked in both swings halfway to toe touch/heel plant.
I believe this is what Dante taught his sons, I think this may answer your question. I believe he is locked in on most swings, if I am understanding this discussion correctly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softball_1