Free Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Fairly good example of the differences between free hands ("down to") vs turning the barrel.

33qKjFe.gif

dWQ7Vfr.gif

Akyrtah.gif

2odegNl.gif

timing and adjustability I’m all in. HLP doesn’t stop a hitter from making adjustments . The timing of when to do it And by not using the arms.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
So You support free hands vs stuck behind a corner ? How do you put anything on the ball when doing it from one leg ?

33qKjFe.gif

May 12, 2016
To be fair, he was responding to this:
(y) but I believe he said his DD is currently using no stride.. you still need to start on time and control your movement forward with no stride.. I was trying to show that in the side by side with Bo., same controlled movement

Jun 8, 2016
(y) but I believe he said his DD is currently using no stride.. you still need to start on time and control your movement forward with no stride.. I was trying to show that in the side by side with Bo., same controlled movement
Yup.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So You support free hands vs stuck behind a corner ? How do you put anything on the ball when doing it from one leg ?

33qKjFe.gif

Just curious who promotes being "stuck behind a corner". As stated numerous times in the past, I am not an HLP guy. There are aspects of that philosophy I disagree with. That said, I don't know of anyone that promotes getting stuck. If someone is getting stuck, they are not doing it correctly. I do not remember seeing any posts from Mike stating that he is teaching Haley how to get "stuck".

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Just curious who promotes being "stuck behind a corner". As stated numerous times in the past, I am not an HLP guy. There are aspects of that philosophy I disagree with. That said, I don't know of anyone that promotes getting stuck. If someone is getting stuck, they are not doing it correctly. I do not remember seeing any posts from Mike stating that he is teaching Haley how to get "stuck".

FP26, You know as well as I do who promotes swinging (ttb) from behind a corner off one leg and who Mike tries to follow..

Here are a couple examples.

VWHfheH.gif

RILmeCq.gif

Here is AJ blowing past the corner from 2 legs and pushing it according to the HLP pattern.

PQc8DWy.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812