Forum Appreciation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2015
Just want to add some kind words and show some appreciation for the people that have created and support this website. Now for the little story that has propted me to post. My DD is 10 and started pitching last May. Both of us like many others started pitching without any knowledge at all. My DD and i have learned alot since we started usiing the hellow elbow method. As time went on she became kinda consistent but lacked velocity. In November i discovered a website called forearm fire and tried to implement IR method but had no success. I was using there free videos on how to get started. From there we stayed with the hellow elbow and continued to train through the holidays but i felt that velocity was still down ~30-32mph. Then i discovered this website and started reading the IR classroom sticky. After using the lock it drill video for three days she finally got it. From there we have progressed to the magician, liberty and two step drill. She is an entirely different pitcher now and it happened in ~3 weeks working every other day. Her fastball is now ~37-39mph with excellent spin and control. i know a lot of people have probalby experienced the same thing but i just had to say thanks for giving an average dad and DD so much helpfull information! Thanks!

Jul 10, 2011
In a few more years when this journey with my DD is complete I'm hoping to host some free pitching clinics with the local rec league as a means to "pay it back". Heck...as many hours that I've trolled this forum (and Java and BM's posts) I'm probably more qualified than most of the hello elbow coaches around these parts!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2011
How is the bomber doing, Otis? Give me an update when you get a chance!

Bomber is doing good...thx! Funny...as we were practicing the other day she asked "When our we going back up to see Coach "Dude from NY"? (I think she's getting nervous with the season approaching...that she wont be were she needs to be.) I'll hit you up later so we can toss around some dates.

Lead with the pinky,
Otis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd