"Forever" Glove?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 28, 2013
Just wanted to say thanks to Drakemir for his help with my DD's new glove. She has used a Vinci for the last four years as a middle infielder in high school and travel ball. Been a great glove with a lot of play still left in it. She will be playing outfield in college so reached out to Drakemir for advice on the model to go with. He put me on a TJ-1952-L. DD loves it. Have bought and used a lot of gloves over the years. Vinci is as good as anything out there.

Mar 29, 2015
I ended up picking up a Mizuno Global Elite GGE10FP for my 14U DD at about ⅓ off retail. I'm impressed with the quality and DD says it fits really well. It is a velcro closure, but that's not a particular problem for either of us. The leather was softer than I expected but the glove had strong structure.Three days of mallet work and playing catch and it's breaking in nicely. Overall, we're pleased and I'd say it's definitely worth a look.

Feb 17, 2013
South Texas
We got our Vinci in! We went with the BV1929-L. It's high quality, no doubt. It's VERY stiff - even I can't close it yet. We have our work cut out for us to get this broke in and ready for play. I hope to have a better review after we get through the break-in process!

Jun 21, 2016
We got our Vinci in! We went with the BV1929-L. It's high quality, no doubt. It's VERY stiff - even I can't close it yet. We have our work cut out for us to get this broke in and ready for play. I hope to have a better review after we get through the break-in process!

My DD got hers Saturday (thanks Drakemir) and I've been beating and twisting like a nut. I've given it pure hell, and so far the best I've done has resulted in her being able to close it thumb to pointer finger. I've never broken in a glove this stiff so it's definitely a learning experience.

May 28, 2014
They are beasts to break in - but oh so worth it in the end.

My DD got hers Saturday (thanks Drakemir) and I've been beating and twisting like a nut. I've given it pure hell, and so far the best I've done has resulted in her being able to close it thumb to pointer finger. I've never broken in a glove this stiff so it's definitely a learning experience.

Jun 21, 2016
They are beasts to break in - but oh so worth it in the end.
When I watch pro games and guys have gloves I know are equally stiff, and I see the glove flopping around, I wonder how many balls did it take to get that glove in that shape?!?! LOL

May 13, 2015
I received my daughters today. Seems like a quality glove. Gonna start breaking it in during pitching practices.

Does anyone know the best way to re tie the wrist strap so it is tighter?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 134

May 13, 2015
Nevermind, after looking at it a minute it was self explanatory.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 123
Feb 17, 2013
South Texas

We've had it for a few weeks now, and I'm still in this boat... I'm trying like hell to get that thick palm pad to loosen or flex enough for her to be able to close it... Quality for sure, but dang! I'm trying like crazy to form the right fold over spot or crease as well so it goes thumb to pinky'ish (actuall probably 80/20 pinky/ring finger), but right now it wants to fold thumb to index finger....

I'm just continuing to work it with the shoe-shine method and mallet. We leave it strapped shut with ball inside pocket too. At this point we can't even play catch with it yet... I think this glove may last forever or it may be forever before we get it broke in... But I'd rather put the work in now and know it's a quality product than play right away and pay for it later with a floppy glove...

Feb 17, 2015
USA
We've had it for a few weeks now, and I'm still in this boat... I'm trying like hell to get that thick palm pad to loosen or flex enough for her to be able to close it... Quality for sure, but dang! I'm trying like crazy to form the right fold over spot or crease as well so it goes thumb to pinky'ish (actuall probably 80/20 pinky/ring finger), but right now it wants to fold thumb to index finger....

I'm just continuing to work it with the shoe-shine method and mallet. We leave it strapped shut with ball inside pocket too. At this point we can't even play catch with it yet... I think this glove may last forever or it may be forever before we get it broke in... But I'd rather put the work in now and know it's a quality product than play right away and pay for it later with a floppy glove...

Try this method

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i_x0neoseU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01