For those analyzing BB swings for a reference to hit in FP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I'll make a deal..you guys stop talking about math/physics and I won't bitch about Marcela for a month..sounds like a win-win for everybody right?
You may have to up the ante pattar. They will probably demand you talk about the good things Marcela is doing (y)o_O;)

May 12, 2016
:unsure: the kool-aid in your complex is messing with you...read my post #46
Am I supposed to be impressed with your post or something? I've already read it. Do I believe in the mysterious late jump on a rise ball? No, not physically possible. Can it appear that way to a hitter, yes. I also know if a rise ball is thrown hard enough it will not drop/flatten out before the plate.. it remains on it's trajectory.. due to spin and speed.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Am I supposed to be impressed with your post or something? I've already read it. Do I believe in the mysterious late jump on a rise ball? No, not physically possible. Can it appear that way to a hitter, yes. I also know if a rise ball is thrown hard enough it will not drop/flatten out before the plate.. it remains on it's trajectory.. due to spin and speed.
I wasn't expecting praise...just for you not to say something as silly as "defying gravity".

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Perhaps just saying gravity doesnt turn off when a rise is thrown.....
And then acknowledging it does end up higher than it is released ....

In any case the avoidance of directing your responses toward hitting is a pretty typical style of yours to go off topic....and ignore the point at hand. :) ;) :)

Screenshot_2020-05-21-09-15-21-1.pngScreenshot_2020-05-21-09-15-37-1.png

Jun 8, 2016
In any case the avoidance of directing your responses toward hitting is a pretty typical style of yours to go off topic....and ignore the point at hand. :) ;) :)
I gave my answer already, baseball and softball swings are the same. Happy? My responses to you were directly related to questions which you asked..if you don't want somebody to answer them don't ask them. If you don't like or understand the answer don't just blame the messenger, ask for clarification...oh and use the quote button.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Perhaps just saying gravity doesnt turn off when a rise is thrown.....
And then acknowledging it does end up higher than it is released ....

I don't think anyone is denying that a rise ball (or any pitch up in the zone, for that matter) ends up being hit/caught at a higher elevation than it's release point. This is more about what is happening between those two points.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Commented already, said I appreciate your feedback regarding pitches. Good detail. It would have been nice had you applied some of your math skills to some of these other factors that are part of the topic of hitting :cool:

Perhaps how much gravity helps the bb hitter and pitcher?
Helps differenciate hitting in the two sports.

Screenshot_2020-05-19-18-16-38-1.png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Commented Ialready, told you I appreciate your feedback regarding pitches. Good detail. It would have been nice had you applied some of your math skills to some of these other factors that are part of the topic of hitting :cool:

Perhaps how much gravity helps the bb hitter and pitcher?
Helps differenciate hitting in the two sports.

View attachment 17830
What math needs to be discussed? In general a BB hitter will have a slightly more upward path at contact then a softball hitter..but hitters make adjustments like that all the time so it doesn't mean a softball swing is different than a baseball swing.

Just give your opinion already instead of asking a bunch of questions which you don't want anybody to answer..I hate these kind of leading discussions, my wife does it all the time and it drives me nuts..get to your point..

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi