For those analyzing BB swings for a reference to hit in FP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
Both genders would have to adjust. But that isn't proof that the swings are the same, it proves they are different. They are different because of swing plane and ball movement. But also the women must in general be more technical in their execution because women lack the upper body strength to muscle a ball 450 feet. You seem to be making an argument about who is better, men or women. The answer is neither! They are just different playing a different game. It is even true in footwork. I saw a 3B for Baltimore take 5 steps after fielding a backhand and throwing out a runner at 1B. How many fast-pitch Shortstops have you seen double, or triple-pump before a throw. Women have to have very precise feet to be successful in spite of the fact that they are gripping a much bigger ball. My Junior National team focuses on footwork every single practice, usually 3 or 4 different drills and an hour or more time. They backhand and throw in one step after catching the ball for instance, bracing on the right foot, and throwing, not 5 steps. Michael Young of Texas was one of the best at this. Most baseball players are not. But fielding like Michael Young would have taken away Jeter's jump throw and what a sad thing for Yankee fans.
60 feet vs 90 ft.?
Ever watch men's slow pitch with 65 ft. bases?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Its unfortunet BS that while you may have some experience to offer. You dont want recognize the topic.
As a ball player your camaraderie and sportsmanship is lacking!

May 12, 2016
Based on what?
Based on common sense.. but I know you need more than that, :). Ball released mid thigh from a rubber (no elevation) would need a flatter trajectory to be a strike.. vs ball released at shoulder on a raised mound would need a downward trajectory in order to be a strike. Not to mention spin.. but even just a plain ole fastball with have a flatter trajectory in softball then baseball.. flatter in perspective of where the ball is released and where it ends up.. Of course the slower the pitcher, the more the ball will arc. Point is, the ball will be coming down from a greater angle in baseball vs softball. So I do understand what you are saying.. technically baseball fastball can have a flatter line from point A to Point B.. but it still comes down at a > angle. And we aren't even touching on the topic of rise, rising curve, screwball spins which can be delivered in softball.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
Sorry but that chart does nothing for me. Have no idea of velocity; pitching distance or how to throw a fast knuckle ball, Pretty sure the chart is not for Rachel Garcia.

- VSA Rachel Garcia Riseball Analysis

You practice swing at pitches at your neck?? Come on, man, we're talking about pitches in the strike zone (see below)

Fastpitch balls coming in the strike zone are all coming in at a downward angle like baseball. You MUST swing using an upward launch angle, or the ball will go straight to the ground and never miss the infield.

do-not-swing.JPG

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
You practice swing at pitches at your neck?? Come on, man, we're talking about pitches in the strike zone. They are all coming in at a downward angle like baseball. You MUST swing using an upward launch angle, or the ball will go straight to the ground and never miss the infield.

View attachment 17908
Maybe the easiest pitch to get hitters to swing at is the high hard one, fast pitch or baseball. Might as well practice how to hit moon shots out of the park :devilish: . Attitude is everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13