First shutout

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Earlier this season DD 3 got her first complete game victory. She had had a few complete game losses in the past.

On Friday she got her first complete game shutout. She pitched all 6 innings (#2 pitcher was hit by a pitch on the pitching hand), and came away with a 6-0 victory. Not a great team, but that was her first complete game shutout, ever.

They played a second game that day, and took her out after 2 innings, up 14-0. Finally won run-rule 21-1. Losing team was the host team, so this was the only game of the tournament where the score wasn't posted. I wonder why. :cool:

Saturday afternoon she got another complete game shutout. Pitched against a good team, won 7-0. By far her best pitching effort ever.

Sunday, the wheels came off the bus. Sloppy effort all around by her team, lost 7-5. WAY too many errors, including one by DD that cost a run.

DD 3 gets grumpy after losing. DD 2 had to warn DW not to yell at DD 3 for a crucial error.

After the game I pointed out to DD 3 that if she had known before the weekend she would pitch two shutouts and her team would tie for third, she would've been very happy.

DD 3: "You are trying to make me feel better. You are failing."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877