First NCAA D1 Win

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
DD earned her first D1 win this weekend throwing a complete game effort with 2 ER, 8K’s and 0 BB’s. Parents from the other team complimented her on her changeup saying that throwing it often kept their team completely off balance. DD is a spin pitcher and relies on hitting spots and spinning the ball to get frequent weak pop ups / outs. Kudos to her battery mate, a freshman who called the game herself and realized early how utilizing the changeup often was working well against the lineup.

As an aside, watching mid majors vs P5 teams this weekend was eye opening. If a pitcher relied strictly on speed without offspeed, it was balls hit hard and fast in fast out. The pitchers that had a combo of speed or spin and offspeed seemed to fare better.

So pitcher parents, while speed is great make sure you’re also having your daughters work on throwing a RELIABLE offspeed/changeup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2015
Congrats, my DD recently picked up her 1st as well. She has dropped a few lately going through a gauntlet of Louisiana, Florida, and UCF. They keep throwing her out there and she’s doing her best. 60IP/2.0ERA.

I’m sure there will be many more wins to come, hopefully you get to watch a lot of games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802