Finding a new AC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 23, 2018
We are actively looking for a new AC. In a perfect scenario, we would find a recently graduated former player that is looking to get into coaching. Where do we start? If you have a few potential prospects, what does a typical offer look like?

May 6, 2015
paid or unpaid? what are you looking for this AC to do specifically (coach bases, run stations at practice, etc.)

Sep 23, 2018
Not a lot of extra funds in budget to pay, but could definitely pay all expenses for travel etc.

Would expect help running stations at practice, and coaching a base during games (optional).

In a perfect scenario, they give private lessons (not for free) as well. We have several girls that would be interested, and even more throughout our small org. This could be a great way to supplement income.

Maybe this doesn’t exist, and I’m living in a dream world.

May 6, 2015
doyou have local college players around, they might be willing to do it for free, travel for tournaments might be an issue with school schedule though, but for practices, they may be a good place.

Jan 5, 2018
PNW
We are actively looking for a new AC. In a perfect scenario, we would find a recently graduated former player that is looking to get into coaching. Where do we start? If you have a few potential prospects, what does a typical offer look like?
Reach out to local college/universities and connect with HC. Tell them what you're looking for. Often there's recently graduated players that fit what you're looking for.

Oct 4, 2018

Our typical offer looks like this:

Oct 4, 2018
I'd start by asking any new pitching or hitting instructors that have set up shop in your area. I know all the instructors around us want to get involved with programs to help bring more people into their lessons and get "known" in the business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13