Finally got some action on GoPro today...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Agreed on that. Lack of excitement. Lol

Well...according to DD, no one likes her on their team. Not sure if it's because of her seriousness and lack of drama or what, but she does have a hard time establishing camaraderie with teammates. She just isn't a talker but a watcher/doer. She is wiser beyond her years. Makes me sad and could contribute to her leaning towards not playing college ball. :(

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Well...according to DD, no one likes her on their team. Not sure if it's because of her seriousness and lack of drama or what, but she does have a hard time establishing camaraderie with teammates. She just isn't a talker but a watcher/doer. She is wiser beyond her years. Makes me sad and could contribute to her leaning towards not playing college ball. :(

Is that a high school team? How do her travel team mates treat her?

Sounds like jealousy to me as not many girls know what its like to hit bombs. Just MHO.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Is that a high school team? How do her travel team mates treat her?

Sounds like jealousy to me as not many girls know what its like to hit bombs. Just MHO.

HS team. Travel ball team are like her...serious and drama free. Just been a while since she got to hang with them due to HS season...I think they start back up in April. Will definitely be a breath of fresh air. LOL.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
HS team. Travel ball team are like her...serious and drama free. Just been a while since she got to hang with them due to HS season...I think they start back up in April. Will definitely be a breath of fresh air. LOL.

That's what matters-shell definitely appreciate her travel team mates more lol. I have to tell my daughter to play HS ball for fun and understand that those are not necessarily like minded players around her but its temporary. To see a hs player pregnant or with no college ambitions is sad but common. I use it to remind DD of the choices people make in life and not to defer from her path for poor choices like those. It motivates her to not be like those players.

Sep 18, 2011
Now if only I could make it less blurry and closer in? I know...probably not possible. Anyhow, got this clip of one of DD's at bats.

[video=youtube_share;gIMaUuyD8CA]http://youtu.be/gIMaUuyD8CA[/video]

"So like I got a 62 on that stupid math test and mr. Johnson wanted me to take the re-test during my study hall period and I'm all... oh geez another homerun should we like get up or something?"

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What I like especially is that she hit that bomb against LC. They were cocky when we played them in fall ball. I also see that her team won 14-4.

Dec 19, 2012
Mak....stupid question. Was the lens covered with some dust? Usually GoPro's images are much more clearer than that.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
Mak....stupid question. Was the lens covered with some dust? Usually GoPro's images are much more clearer than that.

I was thinking something similar when I watched it earlier today. I find that dust can get on the inside of the poly case and cause this sort of thing. When I want the cleanest shot and it doesn't look like rain, I ditch the poly case for "the frame". This leaves the lens exposed which can be a bit frightening, but it take so much better video.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I was thinking something similar when I watched it earlier today. I find that dust can get on the inside of the poly case and cause this sort of thing. When I want the cleanest shot and it doesn't look like rain, I ditch the poly case for "the frame". This leaves the lens exposed which can be a bit frightening, but it take so much better video.

Will definitely check that. I have a lens cleaning cloth that I try to use before mounting...didn't think about the hard shell case. Game tonight so stay tuned. :)

collinspc

Softball Dad
Apr 23, 2014
Pittsburgh PA
I hope that wasn't the first pitch! doesn't she know you have to take the first pitch!

Seriously, nice at bat. I want a Go Pro, keep up the research and when I get mine you will have figured it all out for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish