Finally got some action on GoPro today...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Now if only I could make it less blurry and closer in? I know...probably not possible. Anyhow, got this clip of one of DD's at bats.

***removed***

Last edited:

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Great hit, but the celebration looked pretty low key... had the feel of 'she did it again... I guess we should all go out and do that thing around home plate you do"

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
What field of view setting did you use? If wide, maybe try moving the camera more behind the plate (directly behind a batter). Move the camera as close to the fence as you can. Then try narrow field of view.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
What field of view setting did you use? If wide, maybe try moving the camera more behind the plate (directly behind a batter). Move the camera as close to the fence as you can. Then try narrow field of view.

I had it on medium because I felt like the wide made it look further away. I will try doing behind the plate...this was only 2nd time doing this. Every time I brought it with me, I would find that the fields were netted with nylon-type fence instead of the metal fence. I was very hesitant to hook up my brand new GoPro to the nylon fence. I finally relented last Thursday, and it was fine. Anyhow, I also realized that I put it on the LynkSpyder upside down (I was in a hurry to get out of the way as we got there late). LOL.

Side Note: her HS coach has been on to her about dropping her bat. DD is getting frustrated because she feels like the coach doesn't pay attention to the pitch. The pitch above was a little low so of course she dropped her bat. She nagged her before for "dropping her barrel" when they were inside pitches...so I just told DD to just smile and nod. Let her say what she wants...because in the end, as long as she hits, she will stay in line up. LOL.

Sep 18, 2011
Great hit, but the celebration looked pretty low key... had the feel of 'she did it again... I guess we should all go out and do that thing around home plate you do"

I was thinking the same thing. She must hit A LOT of homers!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish