Filming and sharing video - music copyright issues

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
If I need to be videoing and uploading 400+ games for my kid to play in college well then I guess she isn't going to be playing in college...I can barely watch the games.
Had zero to do with playing in college. Her memories. I also set up an email address when she was 8 years old. She doesn't know about it. Every time an important moment happens I send her an email. First HS win, no hitter etc. When she turns 18 I will tell her about the email address and give her the password. She can have that as a memory. I didn't have a great childhood and swore I'd give my kids a better one. Learning as I go.

Jun 8, 2016
Had zero to do with playing in college. Her memories. I also set up an email address when she was 8 years old. She doesn't know about it. Every time an important moment happens I send her an email. First HS win, no hitter etc. When she turns 18 I will tell her about the email address and give her the password. She can have that as a memory. I didn't have a great childhood and swore I'd give my kids a better on. Learning as I go.
Nice. You sound like a good sports parent (y)

Aug 1, 2019
MN
...I also set up an email address when she was 8 years old. She doesn't know about it. Every time an important moment happens I send her an email. First HS win, no hitter etc. When she turns 18 I will tell her about the email address and give her the password...

Now THAT is an awesome thing to do for kids!

Apr 28, 2014
Love the email idea. Mine are old but might be cool for grands.

how long does a video take to download to youtube?

I use Freemake to spool and edit the videos. It takes about 5 minutes to edit and join the clips then 3 hours to spool and link the clips. I set it to work overnight so the 3 hours is all unsupervised time. Once the final file is done it takes about 15 minutes to upload to YouTube. Some weekends we play 8-9 games. I set 3 up to spool and join before bed and wake up to 3 files ready to go. It's an easy process once you get used to it.

Nov 17, 2017
I use Freemake to spool and edit the videos. It takes about 5 minutes to edit and join the clips then 3 hours to spool and link the clips. I set it to work overnight so the 3 hours is all unsupervised time. Once the final file is done it takes about 15 minutes to upload to YouTube. Some weekends we play 8-9 games. I set 3 up to spool and join before bed and wake up to 3 files ready to go. It's an easy process once you get used to it.

Any chance I can see some videos and talk about equipment?

tks

Apr 28, 2014
Any chance I can see some videos and talk about equipment?

tks

Sure!
The video below is an example. As far as equipment I use a cheap $35 "sport camera" that i picked up on Amazon many years ago. Nothing special just 1080i and it had great reviews. Most are made to the same specs as Go Pros. Some people like to spend more on a brand name. I went with the cheaper camera so if it gets wet or hit by a ball its only $35 lost.
Added to the camera a Lync Spyder to mount to the backstop. Add a battery back and a 128G mini SD memory card and you can record 20 hours of HD video.

Nov 17, 2017
Sure!
The video below is an example. As far as equipment I use a cheap $35 "sport camera" that i picked up on Amazon many years ago. Nothing special just 1080i and it had great reviews. Most are made to the same specs as Go Pros. Some people like to spend more on a brand name. I went with the cheaper camera so if it gets wet or hit by a ball its only $35 lost.
Added to the camera a Lync Spyder to mount to the backstop. Add a battery back and a 128G mini SD memory card and you can record 20 hours of HD video.

Sweet - I really want to get this going this season

I was watching one last night when all of a sudden it Zoomed in and/or changed camera.

Apr 28, 2014
Sweet - I really want to get this going this season

I was watching one last night when all of a sudden it Zoomed in and/or changed camera.

There is a learning curve. If you look through some of my videos on my channel you can see games where the angle is perfect and others where we could have positioned the camera better. Once you get the hang of it, it becomes simple. Just check on the camera every few innings. Most important is that you have a fresh charged battery pack and plenty of storage space on your memory card.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma