Feedback on catcher's mitts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Gotcha, thanks Eric. Guess I'll do some reading on the Worth Liberty and the upper level Mizunos. Thanks.

I had a Worth Liberty Advanced in my hands about a week ago. It's a very nice mitt - well made, good leather, and significant padding - but it's not light (if that's a concern).

Feb 5, 2013
That is a concern, Eric. Thanks for letting me know. At 13yo, 5'1" and 100 lbs ... catching 3 games on a Saturday with a heavy glove may not work.

How would you compare the weights of the other mitts you've had your hands on?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That is a concern, Eric. Thanks for letting me know. At 13yo, 5'1" and 100 lbs ... catching 3 games on a Saturday with a heavy glove may not work.

How would you compare the weights of the other mitts you've had your hands on?

The only ones I've weighed have been the Akadema, Miz 92, and Vinci JCV-22. The rest are based on the impression I got at the time they were in my hand. Eastons tend to be light. I used an Easton SYFP2000 briefly this past weekend to warm-up a 10U catcher. The mitt is on the lighter side, and the padding seems decent (not outstanding), but something felt odd about it to me.

Feb 5, 2013
Eric, did you get the PM I sent you? I only ask because I sent another one and haven't heard back from that member either. No big deal, just didn't know if PM's were going through.

Thanks.

Last edited:

waukeshahurricanes

Hurricanes Island
Sep 12, 2011
I bought my DD a Nakona WF3250C when she HS and hates it because of the closed web... She is currently is using a Mizuno GXS57 in college but it wont last very long. One of my 18u catchers just got the worth mitt this week but I havent had the chance to look it over yet...I prefer the H web IMO..

Jun 24, 2011
When the time comes, I'm getting DD an All Star CMW3000. Index finger hood? Check. Open back? Check. H web? Check. Good leather? Check. The shaping of the palm and pocket gobbled up the ball in the store - broken in, this mitt will be pure awesome!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
When the time comes, I'm getting DD an All Star CMW3000. Index finger hood? Check. Open back? Check. H web? Check. Good leather? Check. The shaping of the palm and pocket gobbled up the ball in the store - broken in, this mitt will be pure awesome!

I received my CMW3000 the day after Thanksgiving. Its a very nice mitt, the construction, leather, and fit and finish are
extremely nice. I actually bought this mitt for me to catch my DD. My only problem is its a little too small (for me) but
I'm sure thats not a problem for a girl gaming it. The size problem for me is not the inside (hand stall) its the actual
size of the glove. Its a 33.5 and compared to my 34" Mizuno GXS92 its alot smaller !
On the plus side, its a dang nice glove with over the top thumb protection. I've never liked finger hoods but I actually
put my index finger on the outside (on top) of the hood and that gives another layer of leather in between my finger
and the ball. #10, don't hesitate to buy one, it a top quality mitt for sure.

Also, not sure if its marketing BS but 2 online vendors said they are going up in price after the first of the year. The $169.00
price that EVERYONE has is a introductory price to get some of these into people's hands. You may have better luck than
me but I could'nt one anywhere for less than $169.00.

Jun 24, 2011
I received my CMW3000 the day after Thanksgiving. Its a very nice mitt, the construction, leather, and fit and finish are
extremely nice. I actually bought this mitt for me to catch my DD. My only problem is its a little too small (for me) but
I'm sure thats not a problem for a girl gaming it. The size problem for me is not the inside (hand stall) its the actual
size of the glove. Its a 33.5 and compared to my 34" Mizuno GXS92 its alot smaller !
On the plus side, its a dang nice glove with over the top thumb protection. I've never liked finger hoods but I actually
put my index finger on the outside (on top) of the hood and that gives another layer of leather in between my finger
and the ball. #10, don't hesitate to buy one, it a top quality mitt for sure.

Also, not sure if its marketing BS but 2 online vendors said they are going up in price after the first of the year. The $169.00
price that EVERYONE has is a introductory price to get some of these into people's hands. You may have better luck than
me but I could'nt one anywhere for less than $169.00.

Thanks for the review! If you don't mind me asking, how fast does DD pitch? Palm padding is adequate? How far along in the break-in process are you? If it's already broken in, how many pitching sessions did it take?

It's funny you mentioned the size of the mitt, because when we were trying on different brands in the store, my DD put on a Mizuno Samurai and said, "this thing is huge! - no way" She felt much more comfortable with the smaller All-Star. Then again, she uses a 12" baseball glove for when she plays IF/OF - she says, and demonstrates, that she is more comfortable and plays better with a smaller glove.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32