Feed Back needed on 12U DD's swing moving this thread for more technical advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

improvement but I don't feel that she is pulling back long enough - said another way she is a rush to release the upper body. Even as she is beginning to turn the barrel she should still be trying to pull back around her rear hip. This keeps the swing behind the corner and forces the rear leg to pull even harder so when the swing does get to the point of no return - it explodes effortlessly - she is still pushing the swing through.

But this is better!

Ok, Last night we worked on not bending over so much, coiling and loading the hands more. Two of the three progress nicely (loading hands and not bending over so much) she's having a little trouble feeling the coil movement. I noticed a little but not much would like to see a little bit more coil againist the back hip socket and back muscles.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Ok, Last night we worked on not bending over so much, coiling and loading the hands more. Two of the three progress nicely (loading hands and not bending over so much) she's having a little trouble feeling the coil movement. I noticed a little but not much would like to see a little bit more coil againist the back hip socket and back muscles.

In your own words ... please explain what you mean by coiling "against" the back muscles.

Apr 23, 2012
RedHotCoach- Can you explain or have a video that shows the 45 degree SnF drill your talking about?

RayR- I agree with you that is something she needs to work on.

FFS- Maybe my statement wasn't clear as I could have writen it, but what I was trying to say is that I think she needs to torque the lower back muscles more when coiling...(getting more coil from the lower torsoe.) The feel like someone is pulling the bat head back behind her making her upper body stretch back as she starts going forward with lower half and then explodes her hands ripping the bat away.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Thank you ahiggins.

Now, if you are up for an experiment, then consider the following. When it is time to "turn the barrel", think turn the barrel "rearward" to start the turning process. See if you don't notice a resistance take place relative to the muscles in the back. I'm going to leave out the details on purpose ... simply have your daughter turn the barrel rearward to start her barrel into it's swing arc during her swing. Make the instruction appear that simple.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00