Feed Back needed on 12U DD's swing moving this thread for more technical advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 23, 2012
Would like to hear what you guys thoughts are on what we need to work on with her swing. She has been topping the ball more lately and some loss of power.

Need technical advice on how to clean up her swing while we're in the off season and have time to make adjustments.

Full speed...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PCTskYaPaI0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slow motion

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aCAPOwQzDzg?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

R

RayR

What this swing needs is "More pullback" (said in my best Christopher Walken "More Cowbell" voice)

[video=youtube_share;fyV2cPLuFuA]http://youtu.be/fyV2cPLuFuA[/video]

R

RayR

Seriously though - I would work on replacing the lateral slide back to load with a twisting action of the back muscles around the rear hip with the rear leg resisting against it.

Then unload the swing with the hands/wrists as she is doing while continuing to pull back with the back muscles.

yuwp.jpg

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
My saying in my advatar used to say hips forward/hands back.
Picture a major league pitcher. He coils then as he falls out to toe touch the hand/arm go back creating space between the back hip and the hands.
That will give you time and space to work the hips underneath the top half....

Straightleg

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Is there a right way to coil? Yes.. Are there wrong ways to coil? Yes..
Learn the right way and you will save yourself and your DD A LOT of wasted time and energy

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
You said she's lost some power.

#5 hitting tee work-0.00.08.26.jpg

It's the disappearing barrel trick...
She's mostly unloaded her power and the barrel was left behind.

Maybe it's just perspective but that divot in the grass where she replants her foot looks further away toward the 3rd base side. Is she stepping away?

Is the tee placement optimal?

Apr 23, 2012
Ok, Last night we worked on not bending over so much, coiling and loading the hands more. Two of the three progress nicely (loading hands and not bending over so much) she's having a little trouble feeling the coil movement. I noticed a little but not much would like to see a little bit more coil againist the back hip socket and back muscles.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I have 3 new girls that hit, but none can hit out of the infield. Only had about 15 minute with each yesterday. They hit, went to 45 degree snf, then to an open stance snf, then to normal stance. All while talking about feeling the coiled stretch. At 45 degrees 2 of the 3 were rolling balls to the fence...girls that in normal at bats could barely touch the grass. Now that they feel it, the huge job is getting that to go into at bats and building the habit.
Only a couple girls do I get very far into working on a high level swing, it takes much more than team practice. But every girl, no matter what swing issues they have, we work on getting stretch/coiled in rear hip socket. Mostly with 45 degree snf.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414