Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2012
i will not mock those who want to wear PPE out in public. That is until they start criticizing and telling me that I'm the reason why the virus is going around. That I'm inconsiderate of others. That I need to stay. Then the gloves are off LOL

It's not like they asked you to lose 10lbs and get a face tattoo. They asked you to wear a mask when you are out in public. How hard is it....

ian

Jun 11, 2015
It's not the air you exhale, but the tiny droplets of saliva that are dangerous. So, yes, even those loose fitting surgical masks are capturing many of the tiny droplets. Are they 100%? No. A N95 with no valve would be ideal, but there are not enough of those to go around. The N95 with a valve, is meant for your protection, but is not appropriate in a hospital setting.

So the tiny droplets don't escape the sides of a regular face mask? Especially after the front of the mask has been saturated with hot moist breath? The masks aren't 100% the masks aren't 50%. The masks are placebo.

Oct 2, 2017
It's not like they asked you to lose 10lbs and get a face tattoo. They asked you to wear a mask when you are out in public. How hard is it....
Proving my point. How hard is it for you to accept that we both would possibly be spreading the virus, not one more than the other. And that also it is my constitutional right not wear one, as it is also your constitutional right to wear one. Unless we are all walking around in hazmat suits, that there are other parts of the body still exposed to catch and transmit the virus.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
People don't drink hottub water... they soak in it... and while they soak, they drink... and talk... and laugh... and sit inches from other people...

Please dont tell people to drink pool water lol

The chlorine gases out of the water into the surrounding air. As the chlorine air mixes with the exhaled breath Chirona virus dies. What would you say is more safe? breathing chlorinated air mixed with Chirona breath or 50 people walking around a grocery store with poor fitting porus masks?

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I agree. There are a lot of bad governments who dont like the U.S.A. They will go to great lengths to destroy our economy and hurt us. Not familiar with the story EO. Was it a inside agent? Dont need a inside agent when you have a porus border.

It's been a long time since I read it but I think it was an outside group. But it could just as easily be someone from the inside. The specifics of who did it in the book don't matter.

You need an agent that can be transmitted through touch or through the air. You unleash it into the A/C system at a major trade show that draws people from all over the country, and into public transportation systems. Then you sit back and wait. People at the trade show get on airplanes and spread it to everyone on there, who spread it to their communities.

Clancy was really good at coming up with plots that are very plausible. In Debt of Honor he described people hijacking jets and crashing them into government buildings years before 9/11. He had another book that talked about sneaking a nuke into the U.S. You want to know what to worry about for the future? Read Clancy.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Question to all:
If your Governor or county health care official said is was OK to play friendlies/games on May 3rd, would you play? How about May 10th? May 31st? What is going to make you decide it is OK to play again?

Half of our team lives in Illinois, and the other half is in Indiana. Everyone lives within a 45 minute drive of each other. Illinois is not opening up anytime soon. As soon as Indiana opens up we will start practicing.

The coach has already reached out to every parent. All 13 families want to start as soon as possible.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
No I am all for providing information. That said unless you would like to provide everybody with N95 masks it is either people do what they can, don't wear anything or stay home. You choose.

It's not the air you exhale, but the tiny droplets of saliva that are dangerous. So, yes, even those loose fitting surgical masks are capturing many of the tiny droplets. Are they 100%? No. A N95 with no valve would be ideal, but there are not enough of those to go around. The N95 with a valve, is meant for your protection, but is not appropriate in a hospital setting.
Ca. Governor or Los Angeles Mayor keeps reminding everyone to NOT buy a N95 mask. Saying those should be for people on the front line. & weaken immunity.

Some counties mandatory masks.
Some counties not.
Cloth mask for some. N95 for others.

Soooo hmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying