Fauci Says there is a way sports (ie Professional Sports) can resume this summer.... this does not sound good for softball to return before fall...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
When in my twenties, already had short hair needed a clean up. Waited in a barber shop for my turn.
Finally barber called out "next" i stood and walked to the chair.
The barber said
"We dont cut womens hair that short here."
I replied,
"What are you afraid of,
The boobs!"
Have been cutting my own hair ever since.

Life sure can offer some hard lessons, i HOPE we are ALL great students!

Sep 13, 2015
Who is not listening to them?
The understandably frustrated lawmakers, the desperate working class, and the companies/ businesses not interested in losing everything they worked for. To survive right now, we need our economy back. But no matter what WE the people want, this virus will decide. All the death rate stats and comparison's to H1N1 or Ebola, to justify returning back to normal, means very little right now. C19 may not be the deadliest percentage wise but it's the most aggressive spreading virus ever. The fact that the majority show no signs at all makes this even more vicious.
We are at it's mercy until there is a vax.

May 12, 2014
I wonder how accurate are these Covid19 numbers. They seem to diagnose every symptom as Covid. Some without testing the patient. Do I think it exists? Of course. I’m just not sure it’s as bad as we’re led to believe

Mar 28, 2014
I, on the other hand, have decided to go full hippie until everything reopens. Right now my hair hasn't been this long since I was in my 20s, I think. My wife keeps offering to cut it, but I shudder to think what the results would be.
You and me both. What a great excuse to go hippie.

May 22, 2019
I wonder how accurate are these Covid19 numbers. They seem to diagnose every symptom as Covid. Some without testing the patient. Do I think it exists? Of course. I’m just not sure it’s as bad as we’re led to believe
The reported number of cases are confirmed, tested cases, and the actual number of cases is assumed to be significantly higher. There are varying estimates of how many cases exist beyond the confirmed cases that range widely. A popular number I've seen tossed around is that the actual number of cases in the wild is 10x the number of confirmed cases. A couple of studies analyzing various data in NY and California have indicated that the actual number could be quite a bit higher than that - an analysis of 3000 (I think) antibody tests in Orange County California hints that it could be between 4 and 5 times that. It's still early, and more testing needs to be done to know anything with certainty, though.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2014
Big study out of Massachusetts today. https://www.boston.com/news/coronavirus/2020/04/20/massachusetts-coronavirus-covid-19-deaths

Basically ---
  • If you are under the age of 60, have no pre-existing conditions, and have COVID-19: you have a 0.0089% chance of dying.
  • Neat thing about this study is it noted only 27% of hospitilized patients needed the ICU
  • Massachusetts, the number three state in terms of total cases/million population, does not have a region whose medical facilities are more than 58% in use

mass.jpg
mass2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi