Fastpitch softball gloves

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 18, 2010
Just went through buying gloveS for my DD she is very petite 12y.o. First I bought her a VINCI fastpitch version she didn't like it because it was big enough for my hand to fit right in. So Amy in AZ has it now. I ended up getting her a Wilson A2000F ZASO totally the right buy great size small enough for her hand and big enough for 12" ball. If she is small just make sure whatever brand you buy go for proper fit and function above all before you get hyped into any specific name brand.

Jan 24, 2009
...my dd just ordered this on line
and the break-in has been tedious Mizuno GCF1201

Would you mind posting a brief review or your thoughts on this glove/line? These are one of very few fastpitch gloves that don't feature the dreaded VELCRO limited lifespan. I have only seen these online, but they certainly look like an appealing niche until Nakona/Vinci/ Kelley/Akadema strip the velcro from their fastpitch gloves.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I would have thought the same thing about the Velcro, until I tried it. Turns out, it is very nice and very easy to adjust. It is better quality than what people are thinking of.

Dec 11, 2010
DD , 14, has Akadema. It took some time to break in, it took all winter but she loves it now. Velcro was a plus for her.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I've had several players with small hands use the Akadema 12.5 fastpitch glove and it's worked very well for them. Including my own daughter.

Dec 11, 2010
Ken- Exactly why we got it. DD has small hands, Akedema has smaller finger slots designed for female hands. Heck, you might have given me that advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dionrod67