Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
In theory..😂. Coincidentally they may not be playing any of the championships in OKC for the foreseeable future because of insurance issues with HOF stadium. 14’s was supposed to be there this year but we now need to go to IN..
Really? Hmmm?

Jun 8, 2016
UCLA potentially could create a better facility. But they have pigeonholed wcws softball to Oklahoma
I already said that moving it around would be a good idea but no way they have it at the actual home park of a team..

May 13, 2023
I just gave an example that is working for professional softball in Japan. Doesn't mean I think it is the best solution.
With certainty here in the states
There is huge money available to spend to create another or other facilities.

UCLA COULD.
But they have pigeonholed wcws in Oklahoma
^^^^^^^^^^^

Jul 5, 2016
I had some private conversations with FSU players late last night and they told me that they were more upset by OU players spiking their bats on walks than they were about the FSU hits that were foul or prevented from being home runs by a matter of inches.

Jan 22, 2011
Didn’t help that the player of the year two years ago was out the whole year..

Lots of teams lose players to injuries every year. Notre Dame won the final four in 2018 with just 7 scholarship players, including beat UConn in the semi-finals. They lost 4 players to ACL injuries that year, including an All-American from the prior year.

I respect what Geno has built at UConn, but it was also helped by having ESPN 45 miles from campus and the Whalers leaving Hartford in 1997 so CT didn't have any major pro sports teams.

Americans still love an under-dog and want to see David knock off Goliath.

Apr 1, 2017
Viera in Florida would. I'm also thinking that the pro softball facility outside of Chicago could be configured that way.

I can tell you St. Petersburg can't even fit a few thousand.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
The Chicago (Rosemont) stadium is 15 minutes from my house. That popped into my head too, but as-is, it's only 2,000 seats, with an interstate ROW pretty much right behind the OF fence. Some room to expand, but not 10,000 seats of expansion.

Viera is 8,100. Large, but still a long way from 13,000. Haven't been there yet, so no idea about expansion possibilities? If trying to grow the game, can't see moving anywhere that's smaller.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Healthy competition and gives the consumer a choice. NCAA doesn't have a choice where to host WCWS. It's all about the facilities. There is nowhere else that can accomodate all the fans.

D3 Championships are played at different locations each year, but there aren't 13,000 fans clamoring for tickets for that event. Congrats to Trine!
Cal State Fullerton has room to add seating and has two fields. Don't think they could get to 13000 but they might come close.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi