Fake softball energy trend

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 6, 2013
Part of the issue with me is that with pro sports you get a lot of bandwagon jumpers (when the Sox were doing well we called them Pink Hatters..) that weren’t around when the team wasn’t any good. Not sure that is as prevalent in college sports. I respect a fan, regardless of the team, that has been a fan through thick and thin..I vividly remember watching every Patriots game when they went 1-15…
I'll post a picture of me in my Royals jersey tomorrow at Camden Yards...

Feb 15, 2017
I'm of the mind that OU is rapidly becoming the Houston Astros of college softball. Everyone outside of their home city hates them and wants them to fail.
Wrong, the Sooners aren't cheating.

I do, however, think it is unfair that the tournament is basically a home game for them. They actually play home games there.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2017
Maybe OU should have two teams, premier and gold. They'd probably have met in the finals.

Jan 22, 2011
Wrong, the Sooners aren't cheating.

I do, however, think it is unfair that the tournament is basically a home game for them. They actually play home games there.

I had a discussion with a local resident who thinks if Oklahoma continues their dominance the NCAA needs to move to a model where the World Series is held in Oklahoma say even years and another site odd years.

Part of the problem is someone (USA Softball, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma?) signed a contract with the NCAA to host the World Series through 2035 in exchange for sinking a lot of money into the stadium and locker rooms, etc and promised to do more improvements over the next several years.

Jun 8, 2016
I had a discussion with a local resident who thinks if Oklahoma continues their dominance the NCAA needs to move to a model where the World Series is held in Oklahoma say even years and another site odd years.

Part of the problem is someone (USA Softball, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma?) signed a contract with the NCAA to host the World Series through 2035 in exchange for sinking a lot of money into the stadium and locker rooms, etc and promised to do more improvements over the next several years.
Rotating might be good for softball in general (rotate between West Coast/OKC/East Coast) but what other stadiums hold 13000 people right now? Somebody would need to invest some serious money..

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2016
I'm of the mind that OU is rapidly becoming the Houston Astros of college softball. Everyone outside of their home city hates them and wants them to fail.
Nobody on the OU team has ever given me a reason to dislike them. Can't say the same about teams that cheat.

Apr 1, 2017

There aren't many (any?) stadium setups like that in the country. Even ignoring contracts/legal issues, need choices to be able to move it.

Apr 1, 2017
You watch some of the big early season tournaments, and outfielders are running through temp "snow" fences to try and rob HR's....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi