Fake Bunt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
By the way ... I am all for the game moving to wood bats.

This thread has had some interesting turns. We’ve gone from an opinion that this mechanic is a bandaide, to this mechanic is too dangerous. Perhaps it is a bandaide that is too dangerous :confused:.

Jun 8, 2016
By the way ... I am all for the game moving to wood bats.

This thread has had some interesting turns. We’ve gone from an opinion that this mechanic is a bandaide, to this mechanic is too dangerous. Perhaps it is a bandaide that is too dangerous :confused:.

Agree with the wood bat, but I doubt that ever happens. Mandatory facemasks for corner infielders and pitchers is probably as far it will go.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Agree with the wood bat, but I doubt that ever happens. Mandatory facemasks for corner infielders and pitchers is probably as far it will go.

Well ... the bats in use could be compared to a high-tech weapon ... all the while subsidizing a non-optimal swing.

It saddens me when I pass by a field of a young team and see the outfielders wearing masks :(.

Jun 8, 2016
Well ... the bats in use could be compared to a high-tech weapon ... all the while subsidizing a non-optimal swing.

It saddens me when I pass by a field of a young team and see the outfielders wearing masks :(.

My DD's coach requires all the kids to use a mask. Same with most 10U teams I see here in OK. My DD plays MI and I don't like it but I have
learned to pick my battles. I played MI for 15 years, on the some of the worse infields you will ever see, and only once did a ball hit me in the face
and that was only after it hit the heel of my glove.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
If the coach was the one charging I would tend to agree with your attitude towards this.
Yeah, a lot of 'brave' bucket dads.
We need a DFP parents game. I'm sure FFS & CoachKevin will be volunteering to play 1B & 3B.:p
We’ve gone from an opinion that this mechanic is a bandaide
I said band-aide for a hitter that was struggling.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Yeah, a lot of 'brave' bucket dads.
We need a DFP parents game. I'm sure FFS & CoachKevin will be volunteering to play 1B & 3B.:p

I said band-aide for a hitter that was struggling.

Still snarky with someone that just doesn't agree with your views... typical

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
So, you're not volunteering to play 1B or 3B. Not snarky at all just pointing out why I don't agree with you. Seems you're being snarky with accusing me of being snarky because I don't agree with you. Who uses snarky any way.
I get it... WIN AT ALL COST.
My DD plays in college which I'm fine with this type of play.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So, you're not volunteering to play 1B or 3B. Not snarky at all just pointing out why I don't agree with you. Seems you're being snarky with accusing me of being snarky because I don't agree with you. Who uses snarky any way.
I get it... WIN AT ALL COST.
My DD plays in college which I'm fine with this type of play.

While my reactionary speed has slowed over the years, it wasn't long ago that I would stand alongside a 3Ber while training them creep/crash and react.

I don't believe in "win at all cost" ... I believe in playing within the rules of the game ... and the mechanic being discussed is within the rules of the game.

May 16, 2016

It saddens me to see Dinosaurs like you who still attach some kind of stigma to a 10 year old wearing a face mask.

The sooner you age out of our sport the better.

Good day.