Facemasks

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Learn this lesson today.

As a P, you know your time is short when the HC walks out to the circle with some else’s face mask in their hand. :)

Jun 9, 2009
12U pitcher had her ocular bone broken by a line drive at the Montana state tourney this weekend. I don't know what parents of pitchers are thinking sending them out there without masks.

Sep 18, 2011
I will say this again: Then also target baseball (especially if you also are the parents of boys), which hits harder and creates injuries. Baseball has been having its share.

All of us get hit when learning to catch fly balls (and even after...) and masks in the outfield, IMO, are not necessary. The same men (yes, it has always been men) yell at the catcher behind home plate when she keeps her mask on to catch a pop fly. When in fact, the catchers do now keep them on, but that is always yards of another thread.

So let's be equal about it.

No one said that the kid can't wear it, but we are talking about adults in college. At some point, the training wheels come off (Not talking about pitchers).

The new ball is going in the right direction and I am writing as we speak to governing bodies about the bats.

40 feet is quite a bit different from 56 feet. You're comparing apples to oranges. My DD plays 3B. I defy you to find one single baseball player who plays as close to the batter as my DD does. it's a different sport. Coincidentally my son also plays some 3B and he is never anywhere near as close to the batter as my DD. Again - bad comparison. Softball is on a much more compressed field. I hate to point out the obvious, but I guess someone had to.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi