Facebook post re EC Bullets / Schnute

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2021
This is what I hate about social media. This coach is going to get dragged before he even knows what's going on.
His options will be to take the high road and continue to be the bad guy, or drag the girl/family through the mud and be the bad guy.
I have no idea what his reasons are. Maybe he replaced her already, maybe she's lost a step, or maybe he has no reason.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Question: is she 17 years old? Is she being recruited? Are there other teams that would have her?
Time to move forward. The coach is in a tough spot too. He is between a rock and a hard spot. I am sure he is hearing it from some of the other parents. I am sure the org. Knows the situation and they have decided to not bring her back. It was probably a difficult decision. You may not like it.

Oct 4, 2018
Not every woman stops having a period. Like I said there are a lot of different nuances to how it happens. I have known women who have menstruated all through their pregnancy. Maybe this girl had irregular periods anyway. Maybe she takes pills (FYI you can get pregnant while on the pill) to stop her cycle like I do because you hate "shark week" maybe, maybe. We are not all built the same. Not every experience is the same and freaky stuff happens.

... and many top athlete (women) don't have periods at all due to being an elite athlete.

Jun 27, 2021
My guess is there is more to the story than the one side we are hearing in this Facebook post. I don't have any inside info on this specific story but there is a saying "don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see" that saying probably applies to this topic.

There is a lot of fishy/suspect allegations going on in that post.

I'd like to know what Greg said. He didn't say you won't play, it just was not going to be on his team. Take the opportunity to play and make the most of it with another EC team or another local team that can allow her to play at the next level. I might be in the minority in that it wasn't good taste to assume Greg would of handled it differently "if" she was a boy. That was trying to throw gas on the fire to the situation.

If my memory serves me correct, she played for her dad who coached EC Hegood for a few years, so she didn't play 10 years for Greg... just the organization.

Oct 4, 2018
This is what I hate about social media. This coach is going to get dragged before he even knows what's going on.
His options will be to take the high road and continue to be the bad guy, or drag the girl/family through the mud and be the bad guy.
I have no idea what his reasons are. Maybe he replaced her already, maybe she's lost a step, or maybe he has no reason.

Well, some of us have heard other stories about the man. And they aren't all that favorable. Of course no way most people know this, but it certainly shapes my opinion of the story.

Also, if Shnute had been understanding, polite, kind, etc. it probably elicits a different facebook post entirely.

Jun 27, 2021
Question: is she 17 years old? Is she being recruited? Are there other teams that would have her?
Time to move forward. The coach is in a tough spot too. He is between a rock and a hard spot. I am sure he is hearing it from some of the other parents. I am sure the org. Knows the situation and they have decided to not bring her back. It was probably a difficult decision. You may not like it.
He oversees the organization. He's one of the pioneers to travel ball in the south.

Oct 4, 2018

Well, the coach is the org in this case.

Jun 27, 2021
What fishy allegations? She said he said she wasn't welcome back to the team. She gave her opinion why she thought that he felt that way. She had a baby and her doctors released her to play - if she was good enough to play on the team before having a baby and she is now released why not welcome her back on the team?
She didn't write it, another family member did. So the question is, was that family member there? Or are they just going off what Kip said happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414