Extension

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
I've been trying to get some cues to help my 11yo release the hands, his finish has hands tight to the body long after contact. Middle middle tee placement, looking for some ideas to help. I thought this was a fitting thread to drop in and ask..

If he is gripping the bat tightly with bottom hand at launch, this may tighten the muscles up the arm and into the shoulder, causing the shoulder to spin out.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yeah, I've known he's spinning, but good observational point... maybe emphasizing that separation in order to get some linear bat path instead of all rotation will open up the finish... Hmm

Bingo!! Start w a rock solid back leg so he has something to stretch from so to speak.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017
I good drill for feeling the shift
I've been trying to get some cues to help my 11yo release the hands, his finish has hands tight to the body long after contact. Middle middle tee placement, looking for some ideas to help. I thought this was a fitting thread to drop in and ask..

the knee lift shouldn’t cross the belly button.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
He’s spinning. No separation. Hips forward against hands back
Yep !! After separation learn how to contract the middle against the hips.

ncbJ7Np.gif

Notice how there is no intent to rotate the hips.

4Zm5mnt.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Looks rotational with the upperbody/swing.

Back elbow definitely locks into the body as he hooks the hand path.

The back elbow, back arm, hands don’t have a clear path because of the rotational flat swing path. To much shoulder rotation,

How he swings, uses the body isn’t to bad. Just need to work on the rotational level shoulders.

Needs to do this 1000 times,

Work oppo with clearance, no hook in the hand path and pinning the back elbow to the side. The back elbow needs to get through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy