Even my smart phone has lost faith.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Like most I keep some friends up to date during DD's college games with scores / innings / k's / at bats / etc. The past few games I'm sending a lot of "down 3-0 in 4th" "down 5-1 in 6th". I've been having to spell out "down" until today's double header. Today I noticed I have a new feature, if I text D, it prompts "down?" automatically.

What a smart a$$!!!

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Like most I keep some friends up to date during DD's college games with scores / innings / k's / at bats / etc. The past few games I'm sending a lot of "down 3-0 in 4th" "down 5-1 in 6th". I've been having to spell out "down" until today's double header. Today I noticed I have a new feature, if I text D, it prompts "down?" automatically.

What a smart a$$!!!

Another CLASSIC!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
At the ball fields for another day of abuse. We just dropped another close one 8-0. :rolleyes: I may have been overly optimistic about my last guess of playing .300 this season. Now I'm going with .200.

I have seen some good pitching today, unfortunately it's on the other team. They've got 2 girls throwing 64-66, but they remind me of the "height" recruiting we speak about. They're both 5'3. Haha

Gotta run, the circus is taking the field again. :)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2013
Next full moon go out after midnight, get a bunch of used fast pitch equipment, set it on fire and dance naked around it. It works for me.You can thank me after the state championship game.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Well I thought there was a moment of light in the second game. We scored 7 runs in the 4th, went ahead 4-7. But we left our starter in too long. They scored 5 top of the 7th, all little bloopers over the infield.

As always at the ball field, you run the chance of seeing something new. They had a little girl, 5'0 100lbs wet, who was cruising 62-63.

Something else I've noticed so far. I've watched many pitchers at the higher levels of college ball live. A good number are leaping, which on the book as of today, is illegal. I haven't seen any in the lower levels........"cheating". Which makes you go hmmmmm?

DD goes back to the doc this week to see if she can pitch again. She did DH today, ground out to 2nd, walked on 0-2, and singled to center.....RBI. I am thankful coach is being careful with her, he gives her a runner once she gets on base.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
GD, at least she is getting to play some. It is hard for a Hard Charger to sit. I'd hate to be around the kitchen table if she wasn't at least getting to be on the field in some capacity.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
As always at the ball field, you run the chance of seeing something new. They had a little girl, 5'0 100lbs wet, who was cruising 62-63.

YES !!!! This kid is paving the way for my DD. We are going to break all the height stereotypes ! Well hopefully :)

DD will be short by pitching standards. I constantly hear that some schools won't even consider a pitcher if she isn't at least (insert your numbers here) tall. I find it hard to believe that if a short pitcher is out there with good effectiveness they will pass on looking at her simply because she isn't tall enough.

DD has always been short for her age. Currently turned 13 two months ago and she is 4'11" and 105lbs. Extremely athletic and strong. She can hold her own with speed and movement compared to just about any other pitcher in her age group so far. Hopefully we will always maximize mechanics to make up for the disadvantage of smaller levers. So far so good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck