Email to explain IR to pitching coach

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2012
I read how it probably won't take,sink in,register etc with these coaches and I agree. I take the stance "Coach, I have given examples, tried to explain and made every effort to get you and her PC on the same page. You have ignored,dismissed and refused to try to understand. So with that being said, I pay for the lessons so do not try to change anything. Yes you are the coach and you decided who plays, bats and pitches if my DD decision to not use your method or mechanics affects her playing time, so be it. I know I tried my best and it is her decesion to stay on your team or not as it was your decesion to ignore us".

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
Keep us informed on how you turn out and what reaction you get, I tried to mention BH to a pitching coach and quickly got the cold shoulder and the "girls can't pitch like that" statement.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
My hope with this is not to change a Coach that teaches HE, but to identify a Coach that sees this and says "Of course! That is how I teach it."

I don't think you can expect someone who doesn't understand it to suddenly be able to teach it. With all the "Pitching Coaches" around I could spend weeks going to watch lessons to verify who's good and How's not. This just speeds up the elimination process.

May 13, 2012
My hope with this is not to change a Coach that teaches HE, but to identify a Coach that sees this and says "Of course! That is how I teach it."

I don't think you can expect someone who doesn't understand it to suddenly be able to teach it. With all the "Pitching Coaches" around I could spend weeks going to watch lessons to verify who's good and How's not. This just speeds up the elimination process.

Down and out
I apologize for the hijack. This was timely as we have been going to an excellent PC and last yr in HS no problem since coach didn't get involved with pitchers mechs. New coach this yr who is involved with pitchers with good intentions but is HE and wants to change DD to her way. This not good as we all know too many cooks ruin the soup. Once again I apologize for redirecting you intent of the post.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
Down and out
I apologize for the hijack. This was timely as we have been going to an excellent PC and last yr in HS no problem since coach didn't get involved with pitchers mechs. New coach this yr who is involved with pitchers with good intentions but is HE and wants to change DD to her way. This not good as we all know too many cooks ruin the soup. Once again I apologize for redirecting you intent of the post.

No worries!

KenB rocked it with exactly what i was looking for. Now its all fun and games!

Jun 13, 2009
Keep us informed on how you turn out and what reaction you get, I tried to mention BH to a pitching coach and quickly got the cold shoulder and the "girls can't pitch like that" statement.

Yet girls are taught to throw overhand the same way, run bases the same way, swing bats the same way, etc. This is where I bang my head.

CG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi