Easy break in 1st base glove - Recommendations?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2020
Hey everyone,

DD's new coach has started experimenting with her at 1st base. The glove she normally wears to pitch seems to be not close well at the finger tips so I'm seeing her missing balls that look like they were cleanly caught. Don't get me wrong, she needs reps, but I thought I would look into trying to find a glove that breaks in pretty quick. Any recommendations?

Aug 12, 2018
What age, and does she ever play outfield by chance?
She’s 14, about to be 15 in Feb. and she’ll play OF now and then yep. Am assuming there might be more of it in her future as her second position has been catcher. Am thinking as she gets older that’s going to happen less and less. Never know though.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD had a Liberty Advanced for her first 1B glove. It’s true that it breaks in quick but she felt it got really soft and floppy soon after. She switched to an A2000. It was stiff and took forever to break in but she loves it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
OK, go to your local batting cage. Set pitching machine on 63 mph (dimple balls) and have her catch (stride to) 150 plus balls. The instruction is to make loudest sound possible when catching the ball. Take a quick break. Then you still have 10 minutes to hit. Leave it on 63.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The reason I asked about time in the OF is she may be better served by something like a 12.75” Vinci RV1961 that can be used in multiple positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes