easton pop up catch net

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Last year some helpers put away our Easton (square) pop up catch net. They had good intentions but totally put it away incorrectly and now the net has a significant dip in the top and won't stay up with any amount of hitting into it. I have tried to "work out" the kink but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this and have a fix?

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Buy a bownet?

I still have my Easton 7' x 7' popup but it's a royal pain and the poles are a nightmare so I don't use it anymore. I've had to jury rig it several times. I haven't had the problem you describe but it does not surprise me. Once they are distressed though I'm not sure there is any fixing them.

Oct 9, 2013
Easton Net

My net was dying and the piles kept collapsing. I replaced my poles with two thick wooden sticks from home depot. I shaved the ends down and put tape of them so the ends would fit into the holes. It works great now. Very sturdy.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
If it's at a joint, could just be that they are bound up and won't rotate against each other. Might be able to rotate them free if you can manipulate the two rods to come together nearly straight on and unbind the ferrules.

If it's not at a joint, she's broke. You can find replacement shock cords at camping stores, but unless the rest of the net is still perfect, it's probably time for a bownet.

Sep 19, 2011
Buy a bownet?

I still have my Easton 7' x 7' popup but it's a royal pain and the poles are a nightmare so I don't use it anymore. I've had to jury rig it several times. I haven't had the problem you describe but it does not surprise me. Once they are distressed though I'm not sure there is any fixing them.

another vote for bownet, but get the diamond pro series bownet, not just the regular bownet, diamond pro series bownet, has thicker netting, as well as thicker frame and fiberglass rods

Jun 7, 2013
Colorado
Last year some helpers put away our Easton (square) pop up catch net. They had good intentions but totally put it away incorrectly and now the net has a significant dip in the top and won't stay up with any amount of hitting into it. I have tried to "work out" the kink but to no avail. Has anyone experienced this and have a fix?

I had the exact same problem with an Easton pop-up net. There's no real cure once the spring steel gets twisted the wrong direction, it's like trying to fix a mutilated Slinky...even if you get everything wound back the right way, it will never look/work quite right again. I ended up buying a Bownet and haven't had any problems since.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA