Easton Mako Torq Fastpitch Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
So I have a question and it may be more for the hitting technical forum but I'll post it here anyway. If a player is pushing the bat and has their palms pointing towards the outfield/backstop versus palm up-palm down at contact and has a tendency to over-roll their hands at contact which would normally cause a ground ball. Would this bat not create more line drives since the barrel rolls to deplete/delete/diminish this effect? That could realistically cause more line drives by hitting the ball "square" as opposed to creating downward spin towards the ground and very well could hide many improper swing mechanics. Just food for thought.

I think you've just answered your own question. Of course you'll hit more line drives by eliminating the wrist roll. However, I would much rather buy last year's "model X" for $200, and have correct mechanics. As stated above, these are throw away bats that aren't typically good for more than a season.
Let's all agree to getting the bats handle out of a Sally's palms and into her fingers, and to release the barrel out front. This alone solves the magic fix Easton has decided to charge $450 for.
And as to the "high level" coach stating their players are averaging 40-50 points higher on their BA%... I say BS! Any kind of decent coach would have fixed a wrist roll with propper mechanics, and certainly wouldn't pay $450 a pop for a bat to fix his batters. He is either a compensated rep or he's full of it!.

Feb 12, 2014
A 2014 Mako right now for $ 200/250 is a straight up steal if you can find out.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
I won one at a coaches clinic I was at last weekend - pretty sure $450 would have been out of my price range. My girls haven't had a chance to get in the cages with it but don't seem too excited at this point. The twins both like their CF5 Hopes (which still have pop) and CF7 Hopes. Their opinion may change but who knows? Anyone want to buy mine $425 DFP Discount!! Lol I'll let them swing it and if they don't like it, maybe I'll trade it in for 2 CF7s to put on the shelf, or sell it and take a vacation!! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish