Easton Bat....Mako Torq.....what do you think??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 28, 2015
What do you guys think about this bat....like to hear your opinions....2015 Easton Mako Torq Bat...fastpitch....

ian

Jun 11, 2015
My 14-u DD swings a 2015 mako 33/23. The mako has an extended barrel. She likes it better than her 32-22 CF5. I have her swing the CF5 every once in a while thinking she will like the lighter bat, or get more bat speed but she quickly goes back to her mako. Im not sure the mako is hotter than the CF5 and the mako feels much heavier(to me) than the CF. The mako is starting to break in, it was pretty stiff when new. The balls are starting to jump off the bat and the 'crack' of the bat Is getting louder. I paid $220 for it a few months ago and feel like I made a good purchase.

I have been using Demarini for the last couple years in my beer league. Demarini's have been by far the hottest and by far the least durable (the team has broken a few) bats produced over the last few years. I love the balance and large sweet spot of the Demarini bats. I hate the $350 price tag for a one season bat. When the Demarinis are all broken I break out my old blue easton synergy that has thousands of swings on it. The easton is still going strong.

I dont have much to say for the torq handle except to re-grip over it.

Sep 28, 2015
Is that the mako torq..green bat..or just the regular mako white and orange..

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
The regular Mako and the Torq have the same barrel. So, you'd just have to decide if you want the spinning handle.. It doesn't spin much and it didn't bother me at all.. It might take a little getting used to at first.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD goes through bat wraps every 6 months or so. How do you wrap the torq? DD and I have tried both and the torq was not better or worse. FWIW, DD does own a Mako 33/23.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Overall, I like the Mako bats. They have great pop ROW and the longevity seems to be there as well. As far as the Torq goes, I personally think it's more of an expensive gimmick that failed miserably and never gained traction in the marketplace...thankfully. IMO there's no need for a barrel that swivels if the swing mechanics are correct and the bat is squared up at the point of contact.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I know a dad who bought 3 new Torque's for either $159 or $169 each and epoxied the handles and and put new Lizard Skins on. Brand new green Mako's for less than half of msrp !

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
If you swing the Torq properly, the grip will not turn at all. The only time it turns is when the batter uses poor swing mechanics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild