DURABLE wheeled catcher's bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I am looking for recommendations for a DURABLE wheeled catcher's bag for my daughter. She is a freshman playing varsity and also plays travel ball so she is playing 60-80 games per year. She likes a big bag with one main compartment (not all of the little pockets) and she carries a full set of catcher's gear, batting helmet and 3 bats so it needs to be big. We bought her an Easton Brigade XL bag ($130) and it lasted 4.5 weeks before the zipper blew out and it also has drag wear on the bottom already.

Any recomendations would be highly appreciated by this very frustrated softball mom...

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
My daughters (both catchers) use Boombah Beast bags and have been happy with their construction. They're not "huge" by any means but they hold everything they need with no issues (catchers gear, two gloves, batting helmet, up to 4 bats, plus water bottles and all the other assorted detritus that softball players accumulate over the season).

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
I purchased the Maxballbags Cobra XL Roller Bag after some recommendations here at DFP. DD has been very happy with the size of the bag. Doesn't roll over like other bags she's had. Starting her second year with it and it still looks new. Holds six bats in their individual sleeves and we have had zero issues. I would highly recommend this bag. I paid $99 w free shipping at the time.

Dec 19, 2012
I know you said no compartments, but the No Errors E2 Catcher's bag is nice, but it's pricey at $200.

Dec 8, 2011
We ordered our catchers the Boombah Beast bag and sent them back. I know many people use them, but our catchers said they were too difficult to get gear stuffed in and then out. We ultimately purchased the Maxballbags Cobra XL. They are happy with those.

I don't know how durable they will be yet, girls have only been playing indoor, still too snowy, cold, wet in Midwest.

Feb 2, 2014
We returned an Easton bag after the first tournament because it was showing wear. Don't remember exact style.

The replacement mizuno was a little too small. It was much more durable than the Easton, but the zippers broke in less than a year.

We got the Boombah beast and it still is in decent shape after a year. It shows wear, but nothing is broken. It is just the right size for DD. Catchers gear, batting helmet, and extra glove all fit, without dragging around a huge bag.

If your DD just wants to toss her stuff in without having to arrange it, you might need a bigger bag.

*DD plays 90-100 games a year

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00