Catcher's Bag suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The No E2 bag has monster-truck sized wheels! With that bag though you'd better be willing to work hard to develop the game to back up the prominent bag logo or you'll be accused of being a rolling oxymoron!

Aug 30, 2010
If you go to E2 (no error) site they have a video to explain the bag. My DD has had her bag for 3 years now and no problem. Yes price is up there but well worth the investment. Greenmonster, lol you are right about rolling oxymoron but my DD can back it up. Ok enough to keep her bag. lol

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Can't find any decent sized pictures of the Tanel, can you really put a full set o' gear in there?

The Tanel RAGE, yes, absolutely. Holds 4 bats (up to 34") in the zippered bat compartment, plus 2 more in the game day holders on the sides. Full set of catcher's gear, 2 fielder gloves, backup C mitt, batting helmet, 2 cleat pair pockets, padded electronics/sunglasses pocket, water bottle pocket and more pockets to hold other gear. Heavy duty zippers and clips for hanging on the fence. Almost 1.5 years old and no problems. It's big enough, but still manageable due to the wheels. IMO, the NoE2 is almost too big to easily manuever on the bus etc.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
All 3 suggestions look pretty good, I pulled the trigger on the Tanel, just looks like the momma-bear for her needs. Brother will have to walk ;-)
Tanel doesn't have a NorCal reseller, and none of the online stores I know have it, so I just ordered direct and will return if it doesn't look right.

I appreciate all the help, thanks.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
The Tanel RAGE arrived Friday. Quality is top-notch, big wheels, beefy zippers, serious hooks, looks great.There are 2 outside pockets for cleats(1 per shoe), other outside pockets are small, so gear must go in the internal compartment, which can be divided into two with a velcro insert.
In our case, first part is immediately filled by (adult-sized) chest protector,shinguards catcher's mitt.This leaves the other side to hold catcher's helmet, batting helmet, infield mask, 13" fielder's mitt, windbreaker, +random. There is a half-moon shaped pocket on the end, nicely placed for a helmet or mitt, but too small for either(could hold about 4 cans of soda, which might be its purpose).

Bat storage is nice, with a full length internal sleeve, and two "game day" sleeves for quick access. Internal sleeve does impi
nge slightly on the main storage.

Would work great for a dedicated catcher, but it's just too tight with all that other gear, and she can't get hitting, or catching gear out without digging through other stuff. If speed of access was less important than keeeping it compact, this would be fine.

There's a lot to like about the bag, but in IMHO, it just doesn't let you use the space well enough. West Coast has the E2, so we'll schlep over and look at that.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
GG - sorry if I steered you wrong. My DD carries the same gear your DD does and there's no wasted room. She likes it cuz its big enough to hold what she needs and she can manage it easily on a bus along w/ her school backpack. Admittedly, you can't get at everything quickly, but it hasn't been an issue she's complained about or cost her team in a drop-dead timed game!

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
GG - sorry if I steered you wrong. My DD carries the same gear your DD does and there's no wasted room. She likes it cuz its big enough to hold what she needs and she can manage it easily on a bus along w/ her school backpack. Admittedly, you can't get at everything quickly, but it hasn't been an issue she's complained about or cost her team in a drop-dead timed game!

GM, Everything you said is true. Bag is an ideal size, and the gear really does fit.
OK, she did try to put a pair of cleats in 1 pocket, but 2x size 10's wont' go. ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi