Catcher's Bag suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Bought my DD the Easton Stealth gear bag, (generic rectangular rolling bag) last year for $70. Now the zipper is coming away from the top, so its days are numbered.

Any recommendations for a rolling bag that can haul all her junk, and last a few years ?
She has the usual stuff, 2 gloves, catcher's gear, bat+helmet.

Aug 30, 2010
Take a look at the ( E2 no error ) catchers bag. I have this one for my DD and she loves it. You are able to hang the bag on the fence and unzip it to make a locker.It has shelves to store your stuff.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Tanel RAGE - pricey at around $100-120, but thats 30-50 less than the NoE2 bag (which is a little too showy for my liking). The RAGE has big wheels and is the only bag that DD has had that's made it through more than 1 season packed w/ all her C gear and rest of equip, including 4-6 bats.

Jul 26, 2010
If anyone ever makes a bag that has zippers that actually survive an entire season please let me know. I know Easton, Boombah, and Mizuno do not.

-W

Sep 3, 2009
If anyone ever makes a bag that has zippers that actually survive an entire season please let me know. I know Easton, Boombah, and Mizuno do not.

-W

We're on our second season with the No Errors bag. It's pricey, but like I said, this is the second season and it looks like we'll be able to get a third out of it as well. Heavy duty zipers on it, that was one of my concerns. Every other bag we bought would barely last a season if at all.

Jul 26, 2010
Awesome, that's worth a shot. It's so frustrating to have an awesome bag with well thought out compartments that the kid really likes. . only to find out that 2 months later the zippers are destroyed and the thing won't stay shut.

-W

Sep 3, 2009
Awesome, that's worth a shot. It's so frustrating to have an awesome bag with well thought out compartments that the kid really likes. . only to find out that 2 months later the zippers are destroyed and the thing won't stay shut.

-W

Look around and see if you can find one that someone has so you can get a close look at it, it has a big E2 logo on it. We saw a catcher on our organizations 16u team with one and asked about it. Her dad said he won't buy anything else. A bit pricey, but if you figure buying a bag every year, it does pay for itself. It's got plenty of pockets and pouches. We got the larger of the two models; my dd carries her mitt, her fielders gloce, my glove, 3 bats, chest protector, 2 pairs of leg guards, cleats, first aid kit, misc supplies like glove lace, tape; and as we found out when cleaning it last weekend... candy from last years Halloween tournament. :p
And there's still room for a few bottles of water and snacks.

Oct 13, 2010
Oklahoma
look for one with decent sized wheels or 3 wheels along the bottom. dd's bag drags the ground and is currently held together by gorilla tape. oh and her zipper is ripped out as well as one of the pockets. very aggravating!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi