Catcher Bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
My DD is need of a quality catcher's bag. She needs something that is good size , but not overly huge and not super expensive. She currently carries:
Complete set of catcher's gear , 2 bats , mitt , fielders glove , batting helmet , defensive faceguard , and cleats

I would appreciate any good recommendations

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD has a Combat Coaches Choice Roller Bag. Carries all that you listed plus my glove, but has to be organized to fit. Not a giant bag by any means. Easy for my 11yo to handle. Got two full years of travel ball out of the first one, gave it to another girl and bought another last spring. Love the fact it has two padded bat sleeves on either side of bag. Bats don't bang and scratch each other. Has bottom rails which some roller bags do not. Think I paid less than $80 from Blackout Sports. Can send you the reps number if you are interested.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
She currently carries:
Complete set of catcher's gear , 2 bats , mitt , fielders glove , batting helmet , defensive faceguard , and cleats

No sunflower seeds or a dozen or so half-empty water bottles???? :D
We have gone through a few bags over the years and in seeing many of my catcher's bags it is safe to say bigger is better. It is much better to be a little too big than a little too small. Some bags can turn your gear into a frustrating tetris game!
When we first got the DD's Mizuno bag, the first thing she did was climb in it and have her sister zip her in. (I don't know where they get that!) That was 4 years ago and the DD is now in college but we still have the bag. It has held up well and the price ranges from mid $70's to mid $80's...

miz_g3_equip_bag_blk.jpghomerun-mizuno-equipment-bag-360156-equipment-g3-wheel-bag-inset.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
DD had the Boombah as a team bag last year, big improvement over their previous products. Serious stitching, wheels, and zippers. Fairly compact. Other than drag marks, no appreciable wear in 3 seasons (one full year) of heavy use.

Tanel RAGE is built like a brick boathouse, has some really nice features like bat sleeves and movable shelves/dividers that can allow you to move between fields without having to repack the whole thing. Emphasis is on compactness, so there are some tradeoffs on space.

Something to look for is a bag that lets her get out one set of gear w/o digging through everything else. Ideally, she can get hitting, fielding, and catching gear separately, though it rarely works out that way.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
We've tried just about all bags and two bag combos. The Boombah Brute is the best bag yet. Wheels are far enough apart that the bag doesn't tip/roll when going up and off of curbs, or around sharp corners. One giant open area for all DD's catching gear, two bat pockets that could hold more than two bats, and plenty of extra room for seeds and empty water bottles :D

Sep 19, 2011
my DD is using her tanel rage roller bag, has its pro and cons,

pro: plenty of space, holds all of her catchers gear, 3 bats, batting helmet, infield mask, 2 gloves, and all of the other knicknacks

cons:
zipper slider broke(1st season) using a bungee cord to hold flap in place
wheels too thin which causes bag to be unstable
when bag is upright plastic shield is not high enough, thus fabric rubs on the ground when loaded, so i've duct taped it (i think 2013 version corrects this problem)

if i get a chance later on this afternoon, ill take some pics of the current condition of the bag

Sep 19, 2011
here a couple pics of the bag, as u can see zipper broke, and in the last 2 pics, u can see where the plastic shield is not high enough, would b a better bag if they simply didnt skimp on certain features.

DSC_9981-S.jpg

_CCS5859-S.jpg

DSC_9982-S.jpg

_CCS5853-S.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207