Durable Catcher's Equipment Bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2016
I have been reading a lot of reviews on Catcher's Equipment Bag, I have not seen any where people have not complained about the bag getting holes in them. If I am not concerned about cost, which bag do you recommend? I would like to not have to spend a lot of time rearranging equipment to make it fit the bag. Thanks for any recommendations.

Jan 6, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Would the Spartan Rolling Bat Bag be better for a 10 year old catcher?

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2011
DD is going on her third year with the Cobra XL MaxBall bag:
Cobra XL Catcher’s – MAX BALL BAGS.COM

It is based on the same design as the Boombah Beast (some have claimed they are manufactured by the same factory, but I can't validate that). It is starting to get a little ragged on the bottom but not bad enough to invest in a new one yet. Hopefully it will make it through this season.

Jan 6, 2016
Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into this. I have to get a bag that will work for a 10 year old.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks for the reply. Would the Spartan Rolling Bat Bag be better for a 10 year old catcher?

If your 10yo is not a tiny thing with tiny gear, you will have a hard time fitting catcher's gear along with batting helmet, fielder's glove, etc. into the Spartan. My DD (currently 11yo) has used the Beast, and is currently using the Maxball Cobra XL. Both hold all of her gear just fine. She had to use a Cobra (not XL) temporarily, and not all of the pockets would close. IMO, more space is a good thing.

As for durability, the Boombah and Maxball bags are pretty similar. On the Boombah, the mesh pocket at the bottom tends to tear pretty easily, but otherwise it's a solid bag.

EDIT: With any bag - unless it's just one GIANT compartment - you will probably find that a system for making the gear fit easily is required.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Do you think that the Cobra XL bag is too big for an average sized 10 year old to handle?

Nope. My DD was dragging around a Beast (same size as Cobra XL) at 9yo. She's only slightly taller than average, and pretty narrow.

Also...Catcher Rule #17: Catchers always haul their own gear. If they have to drag it up a hill or stairs, even better. Catchers need strong legs. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06