Durable Catcher's Equipment Bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD is currently using a Boombah backpack/LS wheeled bag combo. Her catcher's equipment goes in the wheeled bag, everything else in the backpack. She uses this 90% of the time. When flying to tournaments she uses her NoE2 bag. Great bag-huge and sturdy but tends to be difficult to pull because if it the equipment shifts to one side or the other it wants to tip. Might be a bit much to handle if your DD is younger...

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
Both of my DDs destroyed their Boombah Beast bags in a season. They tear right through the mesh pouch at the bottom and the bag tears in the same place each time. My older DD ended up packing cardboard in the end of her bag to get through the season.

Our teams both just switched to the Mizuno MX bag in August and they are holding up very well so far. They are HUGE inside, holds everything they need plus more. Some of my 14U players are actually small enough to curl up inside one. Downside is that they are oversized for airline travel (officially), though we have checked them with no problem the couple of trips we've taken so far.

If you want something that's not quite so huge, the Easton Stealth bags have always done the job for us. We'd be using them today if not for the Mizuno sponsorship.

Aug 16, 2015
Thanks for the reply. Would the Spartan Rolling Bat Bag be better for a 10 year old catcher?

The Spartan is basically the same size as my daughter's Beast Jr. bag. Not a chance you'd get catching gear as well as batting helmet, bat etc in a Spartan. Just her catching gear is a snug fit in the Beast Jr.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan