Dsb bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2012
I did the demo of the Midnight for my DD about a month ago.

The Midnight Demo bat that we received to try out looked pretty dinged up. However she felt that brand new one would be a pretty sharp looking bat.

DD felt that the bat was balanced, if it is in fact end loaded, she didn’t notice it.

Being a one piece bat, she didn’t feel the vibration sting that I’ve read about when it’s mishit. I didn’t mention it to her, and she didn’t complain.

Took her a second to get used to the sound of the bat when it hits. Some of the reviews I’ve read in the past, I thought they said it sounded like a gunshot - maybe that was for a baseball DSB, or the demo we got was past its prime - the sound was more dense than what she is used to. I thought it sounded like a Demarini.

At first she thought the bat was dead because of the sound, however as she settled into it, she got some pretty good distance off of it. The sound wasn’t an issue anymore.

I wanted to follow up with the folks at DSB to see if they would inspect the bat and confirm that even though it was dinged up, it was performing like it should. Just got busy.

DD enjoyed the bat quite a bit, enough to want to add it to her mix.

I thought I saw a blurb about a potential 2 pc coming out, don’t know when...I figured I’d asked when I called them again, but just haven’t had the time.

I don’t know enough to start a debate about 1 pc vs 2pc vs 4 pc vs whatever pc. But I don’t think my DD noticed that at all.

So to round it up - DD liked the bat a lot. I like the story behind the company - small family owned, made here, and the people there were great to talk to.

For a point of reference DD ... swings Miken FB’s. Has a Quatro ... likes that too. But always goes with the MFB in games.

I am always looking for a bat to eventually replace her MFB. The Midnight is definitely in the running...however, since Rawlings has the 30 day test drive on the Quatro Pro, I think she’d like to give that a shot.

That being said, if the Quatro Pro doesn’t feel right to her, the Midnight will most likely be her next bat.

Don’t know if this helps, but if you have questions I’d be happy to answer what I can!

Thanks for the reply
Good info looking to try one out. Almost summer break so will have some extra free time and get some more bat work in

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
They are in the same situation as Marucci. Tough to break into a market with a high price tag like proven bats already. 99% of parents, when seeing 349 are gonna
wants a brand they know. It sucks, but truth. Then on the other hand, if you go cheaper, they think the bat is cheaper. Its no win.

Also, one piece bats are just not sellers anymore. Maybe if the one piece was offered much lower price wise.

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
They are in the same situation as Marucci. Tough to break into a market with a high price tag like proven bats already. 99% of parents, when seeing 349 are gonna
wants a brand they know. It sucks, but truth. Then on the other hand, if you go cheaper, they think the bat is cheaper. Its no win.

Also, one piece bats are just not sellers anymore. Maybe if the one piece was offered much lower price wise.

Just curious(if you know), what does it cost to make a one piece bat compared to a two piece?

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It does vary depending on what kind of tech is inside a bat, but there is a diff. Lets put is this way...and of course we will talk retail pricing. Miken does
an awesome one piece bat for slowpitch and retail is 199...their multipiece bats are 299.

I don't think one piece bats should be more than 229-239 in that range

Apr 1, 2016
I emailed him on March 21st and he said the two piece Kamo bat would be out in about a month but I still don’t see it on the website. 🤷🏻*♂️

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez