Dropping shoulder or leg issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
She letting up- not finishing her swing (rotation). It's like she runs out of gas. Her coil (show the numbers) is weak and sloppy too. Her back knee need to start inside her back foot and she should feel tension/stretching in rear hammy and butt pre launch. Get a more athletic/strong mindset.

As for Chamberlain being a model swing? I surprised rdbass would post that as a model. That is not a TM HL swing. Not much turning the barrel and she seems to be swing down on the ball to some degree.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
"However, you make people play these games with you, which is a little harsh and psychotic. I get that you think you're "helping us find an answer", but you're a bit condescending and rude about it. I very, very clearly said I wasn't an expert and and just passing along what our hitting coach does. And then I ask you for help and you respond in a non-helpful manner.

So again, what is your thoughts on it? I actually would like to know rather than play these back and forth games where you get to prove you know more than we do. Here, I'll make it easy. You know more than I do. So can you help us all rather than draw this out?"

Yeah FFS, I don't mind playing the question game with you but be a little nicer, huh?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
To be honest, I can't tell with it at this speed. I need it much slower to tell.
tumblr_plg4bzPL0P1usf292o1_400.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
As for Chamberlain being a model swing? I surprised rdbass would post that as a model. That is not a TM HL swing. Not much turning the barrel and she seems to be swing down on the ball to some degree.
Not what I said....I said 'a swing to work towards'. Never used the word 'MODEL SWING'.
And you do know I posted cage swings....right.

where you get to prove you know more than we do
Pot calling the kettle black....they say.....
I surprised rdbass would post that as a model.
I('m) more surprised I posted at all.....go figure.
Added:
Not much turning the barrel and she seems to be swing down on the ball
Really......
tumblr_plg55zp4Ma1usf292o1_400.gif

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2015
Thank you all for your help. I have looked at everything and hope I have taken a few key points away especially will continue on and try video again in a few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

May 21, 2014
here's what I see....at this stage it's an all-back all-forward motion. I like to think the swing is geometry and sequence. So my observations will focus on those.
1. bat is above shoulder and never outside shoulder. She drops down to a slot position but it never really has top side resistance or "coil". You want the turn to occur with the bat tight to the shoulder...that part of the bat between the handle and the barrel. We will work with girls and have them start with that part of the bat up against the outside of the shoulder and take full swings from that position. It helps get the feel for where the bat should be on the turn.
2. her back elbow never really loads and creates that coil (think show your number to the pitcher). Her back elbow actually looks like it is being delivered early and out in front a little.
3. sequence. back knee drives the hip, hip delivers the hands/barrel. I think she's letting up with the bottom side push and this is why there isn't much follow through on top. back knee shouldn't recoil rearward until after contact. She's lifting up instead of continuing the drive forward. If she can create better separation on top and then deliver the knee first in the sequence I think her power and consistency in the zone will improve.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rdbass,

Is it all back all forward because she loads and stops instead never stopping loading?

tumblr_plg4bzPL0P1usf292o1_400.gif

No load at all to me. I'm guessing hands being held back could be considered a 'pre-load'. Just sways all back then goes forward. Everything goes back everything goes forward.

Not doing this:
tumblr_nomkokcA7Q1usf292o1_400.gif

Again JMHO

Jun 8, 2016
Overall not bad. Needs to get more separation. That would be the first fix for me. If she were punching me with that action I wouldn't be afraid. If she has power now then it will be tenfold once she uses her core better. Chamberlain does a good job with that in the cage swing posted (which was why rdbass posted it I think as it is easy to see in her swing..not a fan of some of her other actions but she definitely gets separation). There are other things as well (seems to cast a bit and on this pitch, which looks to be outside, she needs to do a better job of keeping good posture over the ball). Keep at it she'll get there!!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2015
Overall not bad. Needs to get more separation. That would be the first fix for me. If she were punching me with that action I wouldn't be afraid. If she has power now then it will be tenfold once she uses her core better. Chamberlain does a good job with that in the cage swing posted (which was why rdbass posted it I think as it is easy to see in her swing..not a fan of some of her other actions but she definitely gets separation). There are other things as well (seems to cast a bit and on this pitch, which looks to be outside, she needs to do a better job of keeping good posture over the ball). Keep at it she'll get there!!
Pattar I think I'll tell her that...she prefer people to be afraid. Its actually shocking the amount of power she has even with some of these flaws. Regularly hits for extra bases just can't seem to get it over the fence. She's 12, 5 ft 3 and about 100lbs. These were some of her worst swings in the lesson that day but I felt that they really high lighted some of the things we needed to work on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00