Drills, dry runs going great. Ball in hand-OMG

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2019
Our IR drills and pushing from the mound without a ball is going great. DD does a great job, all things considered. However, once a ball goes in her hand whilst on the mound, IR flies out the window. Is this more mental, or is it that the HE is still lingering around?

It doesn’t matter what the object is that is in her hand on the mound. IR is absent. We used a piece of rope, tennis ball, hockey puck...same result. Hello Elbow mechanics.

Nov 8, 2018
Our IR drills and pushing from the mound without a ball is going great. DD does a great job, all things considered. However, once a ball goes in her hand whilst on the mound, IR flies out the window. Is this more mental, or is it that the HE is still lingering around?

It doesn’t matter what the object is that is in her hand on the mound. IR is absent. We used a piece of rope, tennis ball, hockey puck...same result. Hello Elbow mechanics.

Ha welcome to the world of IR. You are not alone. This is just the beginning. My dd still will get on the mound and every once in awhile lose her IR by rushing thru release.
It will drive you crazy. But I would use a ball but slow it all down and do drills.
Lock it in. SLOW. With proper tech. Then speed it up. When she can speed up and do it right most of the time then move to 9 o’clock drill. Slow it down. When she does that right most of the time speed it up. So on and so forth.
Don’t rush the process. THE PROCESS. !!!!
It’s a process.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2014

Seriously? On Aug 25 you got on here and were telling us that she just started doing the lock it in drill and would revert to pushing the ball and you were wondering if you are rushing it. Bunch of people told you that it could take up to a year for pushing the ball to completely go away. Now only 2 weeks later you're back wondering why she continues to push the ball during full pitch? Mom. Let me give you some advice to save you. Take a chill pill. Drop your expectations. Have NO expectations of when it will happen. Just keep practicing and let it happen.

Aug 17, 2019
Seriously? On Aug 25 you got on here and were telling us that she just started doing the lock it in drill and would revert to pushing the ball and you were wondering if you are rushing it. Bunch of people told you that it could take up to a year for pushing the ball to completely go away. Now only 2 weeks later you're back wondering why she continues to push the ball during full pitch? Mom. Let me give you some advice to save you. Take a chill pill. Drop your expectations. Have NO expectations of when it will happen. Just keep practicing and let it happen.
I posted this because I was excited she was getting the drills down, not because I was disappointed that she can’t pitch full distance yet. I was experimenting to see what happened when we put a ball in her hand. We had a good laugh because we both know it’s not time for that. Her mechanics without a ball are lovely. It was just an experiment. I’m not disappointed in where we are at. My question was “Is it mental or physical?” because she IS able to do IR without a ball and in the drills, now. Yes, she does use a ball in the drills.

Nov 8, 2018

Texas. Well said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2009
My question was “Is it mental or physical?” because she IS able to do IR without a ball and in the drills, now. Yes, she does use a ball in the drills.

Have her do the drills and throw the ball with her eyes closed. Let her concnetrate on feeling the mechanics. Don't worry about where the ball goes. That's not important at this point. It's more about her developing the muscle memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi