Does your TB player play other sports?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 30, 2010
School sports are first priority with us coaches here.We will schedule seperate practices with those in school sports.Usually just basketball and volleyball during the winter.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
I am having problems with HS basketball and volley ball coaches putting on "Open Gym" for their sports during the Travel Ball season. The "Open Gym" is not mandatory but the coach implies that it will refect poorly when it comes time for tryouts. This goes on Mon-Fri for both sports at different times and most of the girls play both sports. They come to TB practice and they can barely move let alone get through practice. I am tempted to call the two coaches and asked them how they would feel if I ran "Open gym" or a camp for the girls before their practices. I have a feeling it would not be well received.

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
DD plays field hockey in the Fall for middle school, which is only during the week, so weekends can be for softball.

She does ride her horse in shows on the weekends, so we do need to schedule show eevents around the softball schedule.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
DD plays basketball which doesn't conflict much but does have some early spring practice overlap. I have some kids that will be making some sport choices after some serious conflicts this season. I don't care if you play another sport. Just don't occupy a slot on the team and then not fill it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00