Does your HS team stream games?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Does your high school team stream its games?

• Yes - All or most

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Yes - Home games only

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • No - But it's done by a parent or someone else.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
Mar 1, 2018
Central Indiana
Our school has parents that volunteer to stream it through GameChanger. This year there is a dedicated parent that is doing all the games.

They also have a local media company that does a handful of games, with announcers and graphics, for a sponsorship fee. The vast majority of games is done by the one parent, using the coaches phone and GameChanger. Works great, easy for families to watch.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I used to do it in 2022, but not every opposing team allowed it, and a lot of backstops weren't conducive to allow for a camera. Plus, it was a lot of effort to stream from my phone, record on a GoPro, and keep score through GC. I sold my camera and rig and just use GC to keep score. My wife will occasionally video my daughter, but that's it now.

Nov 9, 2021
I used to do it in 2022, but not every opposing team allowed it, and a lot of backstops weren't conducive to allow for a camera. Plus, it was a lot of effort to stream from my phone, record on a GoPro, and keep score through GC. I sold my camera and rig and just use GC to keep score. My wife will occasionally video my daughter, but that's it now.

That’s interesting to me. We were planning on streaming all are high school games this year. Never considered some teams might not allow it. It is just so normal in travel ball I didn’t even think of that as a possibility. Did anyone give a good reason why they don’t allow it? I understand some places aren’t ideal for filming but that part was expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 18, 2018
That’s interesting to me. We were planning on streaming all are high school games this year. Never considered some teams might not allow it. It is just so normal in travel ball I didn’t even think of that as a possibility. Did anyone give a good reason why they don’t allow it? I understand some places aren’t ideal for filming but that part was expected.

When I see a scorer table and meshed backstop I take that as that area is off limits.

I was also "kindly" told to take my camera off backstop before a playoff game

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Nov 9, 2021
When I see a scorer table and meshed backstop I take that as that area is off limits.

I was also "kindly" told to take my camera off backstop before a playoff game

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

I did know recording playoff games is prohibited in my state. They want the money from ticket sales!

Guess I will just nicely try to have someone put it up at away games and if they ask us to take it down I will.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I did know recording playoff games is prohibited in my state. They want the money from ticket sales!

Guess I will just nicely try to have someone put it up at away games and if they ask us to take it down I will.

I found the home teams to be much more open to the idea if I asked first before putting up my rig. The only time I had issues was when the rig was put up without asking, which I only did once.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Thanks for the input everyone. Our school is planning at streaming games on Hudl this spring. Not sure of the logistics of who will actually set it up and if it will be all games. I can't argue it's a good thing for those who can't make it to the games, but the competitive side of me doesn't want to put easy scouting info out there. At least not when most teams don't reciprocate.

Sep 19, 2020
Lake Worth, FL
Thanks for the input everyone. Our school is planning at streaming games on Hudl this spring. Not sure of the logistics of who will actually set it up and if it will be all games. I can't argue it's a good thing for those who can't make it to the games, but the competitive side of me doesn't want to put easy scouting info out there. At least not when most teams don't reciprocate.

Streaming through GameChanger allows the team to stream to only confirmed fans of the program. That allows opposing teams to not be able to scout you through the video.

If concerned with scouting, I recommend streaming through GC, and keeping the live streams open to anyone, but privatizing the archived version of the game so that teams can't go in after and watch/scout.

https://gc.com/live-video

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
If you are worried about opposing teams scouting by watching games.......come on now.
We do a lot of scouting for playoff games. Teams will have games recorded on YouTube and we’ll do spray charts on all the batters for however many games they have posted. Information passed on the players prior to games.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi