Does the 24 hour rule apply to players?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
A friend stumbled onto an interesting take ton the 24h rule. Their coach invoked the rule after the team meeting on Sunday night, and had the player call them next day.
I guess I never looked into the wording of it, but always thought the rule applied to parents and coaches, and it's a good one.
My thinking is that if coaches can talk to the players after the last game on Sunday, the player should be able to engage the coach, as long as the parents step away out of earshot.

Curious if this is commonplace, and what you think of it....

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Never heard of that concerning players... Would have to know more of the situation tho. Did the player sit that game? Did the coach call her out in the team meeting? Just don't know how to answer without information.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is a good guideline for players, coaches and parents even if it is not an official team rule.

I never understood the 24 hour rule anyways. What you are going to bench them some more?

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Never heard of that concerning players... Would have to know more of the situation tho. Did the player sit that game? Did the coach call her out in the team meeting? Just don't know how to answer without information.

IDK the details, but assuming either/both were true, how does that change the rule?

May 18, 2009
I've seen a few parents and coaches have disagreements over the past ten years. The 24 hour rule never seemed to help. Sometimes coaches, parents, and players don't view things the same way.

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
I've seen a few parents and coaches have disagreements over the past ten years. The 24 hour rule never seemed to help. Sometimes coaches, parents, and players don't view things the same way.

It may not help with getting people to agree with each other, but it does help in the sense that someone isn't letting the emotion of the moment take over. They have time to think about the way to approach things. So instead of the coach being told, "you stupid, ignorant, bubble-headed moron," he is more likely to hear, "you made xyz mistake, you stupid, ignorant, horse's-rear."

My not sound like much, but it IS a difference :D

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
It does not apply to my players because we are talking after every game (when time allows at tournaments). It is team discussion on the Good, Bad and the Ugly. And parents are not allowed to team talks after games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pfpsoftball1028