Does anyone remember a coaches post about how much sacrifice coaches make?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

I remember a post from a while back that I am unable to find. It was from a coach who wrote about how when he picked up kids for practice the lawn was all manicured and his lawn barely gets mowed every two weeks or so. Or the inches of diamond clay in his trunk and the parents show up in an imaculatly clean car. Basically stating all the sacrifices he makes to be able to coach and how unappreciated his time and effort are from some parents. I thought it was very well written and I would like to share it with a few of my coaching friends who are going through a tough situation with a parent?

Thanks

PTC

Jun 29, 2013
I do remember it, here is the link: http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/17066-travel-ball-dad.html

I'm only a rec ball dad, rec ball coach but I'm relating to this one. My lawn was immaculate and as emerald green as I could make it, now it's once every two weeks if I can, the car gets washed when it gets washed (fortunately its an Outback with a huge trunk so it looks good dirty), the kids eat more hot dogs than I ever would have wished), but I can tell you every triumph they've had, every challenge they've faced, every worry they've had, and every joy they've been blessed with for the past four months. That worn out feeling is nothing compared to how much I love watching both my kids and those I coach learn to love this game.

Yep thats the one. Thank you.

DD will be playing in a PGF tourney in Elk Grove the weekend of 6/20-6/22 maybe we will run into each other and I can repay you with a cold beverage.

Thanks
PTC

Jun 7, 2013
I know first-hand that coaching, done correctly, is a lot of work. And what most non-coaches don't seem to know is how much work is involved that does not take place on the practice field or on game day. However, coaching is also very rewarding and fun. For me, I'd have a hard time finding something else that I'd enjoy more!

Both my daughters had games on my birthday this year and, coincidently, were playing on adjacent fields. They both pitched superb games and won handily. How do you beat that on your birthday?!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish