Does anyone care about...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
NPF???

The championship game is on right now. USSSA Pride vs the 2015 World Champion Chicago Bandits. The Pride is up 1-0 In The best of 3. 2-1 score. (2-2 now)

No one is talking about it here. No one has really talked about the NPF all season. Not many (if any this season) topics or gifs of high level players in here. Plus, there might be 300 people in the stands.

Tuscaloosa is nice this time if year and it's right in the middle of The SEC. Is it bad timing for the NPF and spectators with school starting and what not, or is it that no one really cares about the next level of the game? Is NCAA the highest level of ball or is it just the most popular?

Just sitting here having a beer and watching the game asking myself these questions. Thought maybe I'd ask the forum just to get some feedback. 8)

Apr 28, 2014
Just finished watching. Pitchers got rocked. Especially USSSA.
Good to watch pros... but I like the College World better :D

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
I still believe on of the NPF's biggest problems is its main target audience is too busy playing most of the time to attend games in-person. That's where you really build the affinity for a team, or a game - when you see them live. But most games are when rec and travel players have practice or games or tournaments.

MLB is different because its audience is already established, and it includes a whole lot of people who don't currently play.

It's too bad. The quality of the NPF games is great. But until it can build an audience beyond the core of players and their parents it's going to struggle.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Just finished watching. Pitchers got rocked. Especially USSSA.
Good to watch pros... but I like the College World better :D

I like the CollegeGame too. But I just watched a Rookie Pitcher dismantle... the latest... and greatest ever college players ever.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
I enjoy the NPF and college game. Lots to see and learn.
I wish the timing of championship was different but we are too busy right now. I record the NPF Games that are on CBS SPortsnetwork. I am not willing to pay for the NPF channel. They need to lower the price or give more content.Living on the west coast - I'd love to see a team expand out here but it's costly.
I am amazed by how little local coaches know about the NPF. Even some of the young players have no clue this exists.
There is such potential with our young players watching college and NPF games; things to learn.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
It seems to me that if you're not local, it would be hard to attend this current series. At least here in GA, school has been in session for most for several weeks now. No one is going to yank their kid out of school to travel mid-week to attend this. It needs to get on the networks for people to really watch, I think.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I am a much bigger fan of college athletics than I am of professional sports. Hard to beat college football, basketball and softball!

JohnnyO

Began this habit in 1980
May 13, 2015
Midwest
I live streamed the first game, my internet cuts out every ten minutes for some reason so I restart after missing a pitch or two. Was busy at school for game two but hope to catch some of game three tonight. It's nice to have it being able to stream, we live out in the sticks so getting to see some live games is very nice. Hope tonight's game is another good one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06